Bug 1025905 - Won't play AACP (mp4a, AAC: SBR) radio, "Could not decode stream"
Won't play AACP (mp4a, AAC: SBR) radio, "Could not decode stream"
Status: CLOSED WORKSFORME
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: clementine (Show other bugs)
19
x86_64 Linux
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Luis Bazan
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-11-01 18:14 EDT by Sergei S. Rublev
Modified: 2014-08-10 16:39 EDT (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2013-12-22 05:29:10 EST
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Sergei S. Rublev 2013-11-01 18:14:47 EDT
Description of problem:
Clementine can't play radio streams encoded in AAC which VLC plays and identifies as mp4a, AAC: SBR.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Play in Clementine the following streams:
http://streamer.psyradio.org:8120/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start Clementine
2. Try to play http://streamer.psyradio.org:8120/ or http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls

Actual results:
Error message "Could not decode stream".

Expected results:
Playing stream.

Additional info:
Looks alike the same Rhythmbox bug that was recently solved: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=970294

Worked with Clementine in Fedora 18 on other PCs.

Probably not a Clementine, but a codec bug, but I can't find which one. I have multiple GStreamer codecs related with nonfree (etc) Fedora repositories installed (RFremix).
Comment 1 Sergei S. Rublev 2013-11-01 18:29:02 EDT
Command line output:

02:28:07.624 DEBUG unknown                          QMap(("albumArtist", "")("artist", "p s y r a d i o * f m")("chosenByUser", "1")("context", "")("duration", "55")("method", "Track.scrobble")("timestamp", "1383344831")("track", "chillchannel"))  
02:28:07.625 DEBUG unknown                          QMap(("albumArtist", "")("artist", "p s y r a d i o * f m")("context", "")("duration", "55")("method", "Track.updateNowPlaying")("track", "chillchannel"))  
02:28:07.953 ERROR GstEnginePipeline:527            6 "gstffmpegdec.c(2231): gst_ffmpegdec_audio_frame (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin-70/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin25/ffdec_aac:ffdec_aac4:
Decoding of AAC stream by FFMPEG failed." 
02:28:07.953 WARN  GstEngine:565                    Gstreamer error: "Could not decode stream." 
0
Comment 2 Max Fomin 2013-12-17 07:48:16 EST
I had the same problem an solved it this way:

Inatall  gstreamer-plugins-bad-0.1.10

It works for me.
Comment 3 Sergei S. Rublev 2013-12-22 05:29:10 EST
Thank you so much for the answer! The problem seemed to appear in RFRemix, which I don't now have access to, but not in original Fedora. I did a fresh install of the Fedora 20, and standard gstreamer-bad installation appeared to work. I encountered another problem though: modplug ("Tracker music" XM/MOD/IT/S3M) files weren't playing: the problem was solved by installing gstreamer-plugins-bad-free-extras.
Comment 4 Sergei S. Rublёv 2014-08-10 16:39:07 EDT
The initial problem was for RFRemix 19 written by me from different account. Now I've got newly-installed RFRemix 20 and got the same problem. The soultion was to install gstreamer-plugins-bad from @prmfusion-free-updates (and restart Clementine).

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.