Bug 1028813 - (js-shape-finalize-20) [abrt] gnome-shell-3.10.1-2.fc20: js::Shape::finalize: Process /usr/bin/gnome-shell was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
[abrt] gnome-shell-3.10.1-2.fc20: js::Shape::finalize: Process /usr/bin/gnome...
Status: CLOSED EOL
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: gjs (Show other bugs)
20
x86_64 Unspecified
unspecified Severity high
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Colin Walters
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf...
abrt_hash:ac6e677411b779a753c0f01979f...
: CommonBugs
: 1033642 1034953 1043182 1049490 (view as bug list)
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-11-10 17:51 EST by Maciek Borzecki
Modified: 2015-06-29 08:51 EDT (History)
97 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2015-06-29 08:51:56 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
File: backtrace (73.64 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:51 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: cgroup (159 bytes, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:51 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: core_backtrace (21.33 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:51 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: dso_list (23.66 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:51 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: environ (1.52 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:51 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: exploitable (82 bytes, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:52 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: limits (1.29 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:52 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: maps (128.88 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:52 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: open_fds (4.85 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:52 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: proc_pid_status (947 bytes, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:52 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details
File: var_log_messages (35.37 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-10 17:52 EST, Maciek Borzecki
no flags Details


External Trackers
Tracker ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
GNOME Bugzilla 725024 None None None Never
GNOME Bugzilla 727858 None None None Never
Mozilla Foundation 972725 None None None Never

  None (edit)
Description Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:51:31 EST
Description of problem:
Working as usual, switching windows, shell crashed unexpectedly

Version-Release number of selected component:
gnome-shell-3.10.1-2.fc20

Additional info:
reporter:       libreport-2.1.9
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.11.7-300.fc20.x86_64
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000

Truncated backtrace:
Thread no. 1 (10 frames)
 #0 js::Shape::finalize at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jspropertytree.cpp:210
 #1 finalize<js::Shape> at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jsgc.cpp:355
 #2 FinalizeTypedArenas<js::Shape> at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jsgc.cpp:419
 #3 js::gc::FinalizeArenas at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jsgc.cpp:460
 #4 foregroundFinalize at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jsgc.cpp:3803
 #5 SweepPhase at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jsgc.cpp:3823
 #6 IncrementalCollectSlice at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jsgc.cpp:4245
 #7 GCCycle at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jsgc.cpp:4408
 #8 Collect at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jsgc.cpp:4516
 #9 js_InvokeOperationCallback at /usr/src/debug/mozjs17.0.0/js/src/jscntxt.cpp:1028
Comment 1 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:51:41 EST
Created attachment 822197 [details]
File: backtrace
Comment 2 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:51:45 EST
Created attachment 822198 [details]
File: cgroup
Comment 3 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:51:49 EST
Created attachment 822199 [details]
File: core_backtrace
Comment 4 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:51:53 EST
Created attachment 822200 [details]
File: dso_list
Comment 5 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:51:57 EST
Created attachment 822201 [details]
File: environ
Comment 6 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:52:01 EST
Created attachment 822202 [details]
File: exploitable
Comment 7 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:52:04 EST
Created attachment 822203 [details]
File: limits
Comment 8 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:52:10 EST
Created attachment 822204 [details]
File: maps
Comment 9 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:52:14 EST
Created attachment 822205 [details]
File: open_fds
Comment 10 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:52:18 EST
Created attachment 822206 [details]
File: proc_pid_status
Comment 11 Maciek Borzecki 2013-11-10 17:52:22 EST
Created attachment 822207 [details]
File: var_log_messages
Comment 12 Tim Waugh 2013-11-21 07:36:37 EST
When I saw this just now, gnome-shell was using 100% CPU for a minute or so first, then crashed.
Comment 13 lennart_reuther 2013-12-04 05:05:49 EST
While starting software... no better descriptions, sorry.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.9
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.11.10-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         Process /usr/bin/gnome-shell was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 14 Jason Grunhut 2013-12-13 11:34:37 EST
Clicked superkey to enter expose mode.
gnome crashed.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.9
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        gnome-shell --sm-client-id 10644b4119d68b9361136361302728913800000015150000
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.11.10-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-2.fc20
reason:         Process /usr/bin/gnome-shell was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 15 lennart_reuther 2013-12-25 09:44:06 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

IDEA IntelliJ windows changing (dark mode theme)

reporter:       libreport-2.1.10
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.5-302.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 16 mswal28462 2013-12-26 20:20:18 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Exited from an HTTPS site on Firefox

reporter:       libreport-2.1.10
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.6-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 17 Steven Stern 2013-12-29 20:57:18 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

pressed space bar to wake up Gnome after screen blanked.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.10
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.5-302.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 18 neil 2014-01-01 09:42:16 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Clicked play button on VLC after authenticating at gnome lock screen.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.10
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.5-302.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 19 Steven Stern 2014-01-06 15:29:24 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

returning from blanked screen

reporter:       libreport-2.1.10
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.6-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 20 Daniel Miranda 2014-01-07 17:34:58 EST
This has been hitting me multiple times a day recently, with apparent no correlation between actions that trigger it. I have not done any recent changes in extensions or packages that I could associate with causing it (I upgraded mutter last week but this problem did not show up until a few days ago). The most annoying part is gnome-shell takes *very* long to come back up after the crash, 20s instead of the usual 1 or 2.
Comment 21 Adam Williamson 2014-01-08 18:23:13 EST
*** Bug 1034953 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 22 Adam Williamson 2014-01-08 18:23:21 EST
*** Bug 1043182 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 23 Adam Williamson 2014-01-08 18:23:31 EST
*** Bug 1033642 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 24 Adam Williamson 2014-01-08 18:43:27 EST
Devs, can you please make this one a priority? We seem to have lots of people hitting crashes in js::Shape::finalize (or js::Shape::something) in both F20 and F21 - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1034467 . I've duped all the reports I can find off against these two bugs for clarity.
Comment 25 Adam Williamson 2014-01-08 18:46:15 EST
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1048296 may also be related.
Comment 26 Jan Vesely 2014-01-09 16:55:26 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Gnome-shell crashed after entering password on locked screen

reporter:       libreport-2.1.10
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.5-302.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 27 Samium Gromoff 2014-01-12 16:52:45 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

1. Plugged an external DVI-D monitor into a mini-DP port on my Lenovo W530, using a convertor cable.
2. Played around with making the external display the primary, including disabling the laptop's own display.
---gnome session crashes, and I'm presented with a login screen---

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.11.10-301.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 28 Dimitris 2014-01-13 12:17:26 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

gnome-shell crashing almost daily.  I haven't noticed any particular pattern/event that triggers this.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.6-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 29 Tim Waugh 2014-01-13 12:37:44 EST
Using any shell extensions? I haven't seen this since I disabled the 'weather' extension.
Comment 30 Adam Williamson 2014-01-13 12:53:22 EST
Tim: I'm hitting it periodically on Rawhide (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1034467 ) without any extensions enabled. But yes, I meant to ask for the f20 incarnation, for those who are affected by it to list what extensions they're using...folks?
Comment 33 Dimitris 2014-01-13 13:19:58 EST
$ yum list installed gnome-shell-extension*
gnome-shell-extension-alternate-tab.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-apps-menu.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-common.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-gpaste.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-launch-new-instance.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-places-menu.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-pomodoro.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-systemMonitor.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-user-theme.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-weather.noarch
gnome-shell-extension-window-list.noarch

$ ls .local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/

hibernate-status@dromi
notifications-alert-on-user-menu@hackedbellini.gmail.com
Comment 34 Adam Williamson 2014-01-13 15:38:25 EST
so, so far, we have a clear common factor: the weather plugin. Do the crashes go away for any of you folks if you disable it?
Comment 35 Dimitris 2014-01-14 02:02:55 EST
FWIW I had another shell crash (bug 1052822) but the stack looks different.  Weather extension had already been removed.
Comment 36 Daniel Miranda 2014-01-15 03:09:52 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Returning from lock-screen, gnome-shell crashed instantly after typing password

reporter:       libreport-2.1.10
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        gnome-shell --sm-client-id 10904d677c4825c385138804798461111700000320710000
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.6-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 37 Pavol Sisak 2014-01-16 06:15:05 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

When i was atempting to switch betwen workspaces ....

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.7-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 38 Adam Williamson 2014-01-16 18:16:48 EST
So, another attempt to pin down a common thread between people hitting this: what graphics adapter does everyone have?
Comment 39 Pavol Sisak 2014-01-16 18:19:21 EST
(In reply to Adam Williamson from comment #38)
> So, another attempt to pin down a common thread between people hitting this:
> what graphics adapter does everyone have?

hmm im using Intel HD graphic 3000 ... integrated graphic from i5 second generation
Comment 40 Dimitris 2014-01-16 18:21:27 EST
(In reply to Adam Williamson from comment #38)
> So, another attempt to pin down a common thread between people hitting this:
> what graphics adapter does everyone have?

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
	Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20e4
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 0
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 44
	Region 0: Memory at f2000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
	Region 2: Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
	Region 4: I/O ports at 1800 [size=8]
	Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
	Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee0100c  Data: 4142
	Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 3
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
		Status: D0 NoSoftRst- PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
	Kernel driver in use: i915

Dualhead:

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3360 x 1200, maximum 8192 x 8192
LVDS1 connected 1440x900+1920+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 261mm x 163mm
   1440x900       50.0*+
   1024x768       60.0  
   800x600        60.3     56.2  
   640x480        59.9  
VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2 connected primary 1920x1200+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 518mm x 324mm
   1920x1200      60.0*+
   1920x1080      60.0  
   1600x1200      60.0  
   1680x1050      60.0  
   1280x1024      60.0  
   1280x960       60.0  
   1024x768       60.0  
   800x600        60.3  
   640x480        60.0  
   720x400        70.1  
DP3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
Comment 41 Daniel Miranda 2014-01-16 18:23:07 EST
NVIDIA GTX 680 with proprietary drivers from RPM Fusion (331.20).
Comment 42 Jan Vesely 2014-01-16 18:29:03 EST
(In reply to Adam Williamson from comment #38)
> So, another attempt to pin down a common thread between people hitting this:
> what graphics adapter does everyone have?

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Turks PRO [Radeon HD 7570]

FOSS drivers
Comment 43 Steven Stern 2014-01-16 18:52:35 EST
      *-display
             description: VGA compatible controller
             product: Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
             vendor: Intel Corporation
             physical id: 2
             bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
             version: 09
             width: 64 bits
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
             configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
             resources: irq:45 memory:f7800000-f7bfffff memory:e0000000-efffffff ioport:f000(size=64)
Comment 44 Adam Williamson 2014-01-16 20:59:32 EST
So, not the graphics adapter...

it's clearly hitting a lot of different people, but not *everybody*. Owen says it's a memory corruption issue so the backtrace is not much use:

<owen> adamw: the js crashes are some sort of memory corruption issue, and aren't going to be debuggable without a high quality valgrind log or a triggerable-at-will reproducer in the hands of a developer
<owen> adamw: That is, the backtrace at time of crash is unlikely to provide a useful clue

if anyone has time/patience to do the valgrind dump (or if any red hatter hitting this sits near the desktop team and can walk an affected system over to them...) it would obviously help.
Comment 45 Iliyan 2014-01-17 05:09:20 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

The problem happend while i was using the GPaste ingegration Shell extension and i have selected an item from the list. Then Gnome got frozen for about 5-10 sec and the shell restarted. 

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        gnome-shell --sm-client-id 106146a46965884dcd138675825826129800000034370000
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.7-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 46 Dimitris 2014-01-17 05:38:03 EST
(In reply to Iliyan from comment #45)
> Another user experienced a similar problem:
> 
> The problem happend while i was using the GPaste ingegration Shell extension
> and i have selected an item from the list. Then Gnome got frozen for about
> 5-10 sec and the shell restarted. 

This looks like bug 1033985, which I hit several times today right after I enabled "sync clipboard with primary selection" (and which I quickly disabled).
Comment 47 Simone Deponti 2014-01-23 10:49:50 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

I was running some CPU-intensive task (an HTML5 video was running while Skype was active, and I had a lot of I/O wait)

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.7-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 48 Scott West 2014-01-31 01:58:46 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Just unlocking my screen and all the window borders were missing, then it did its restart and everything was OK. It doesn't do this on every unlock though, just this once.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.9-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-2.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 49 gbanchelli 2014-02-01 06:24:25 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

shell crashed after unlocking the screen

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.11.10-301.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-2.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 50 gbanchelli 2014-02-01 07:13:05 EST
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)

running with the stock i915 driver.
Comment 51 Iliyan 2014-02-02 13:22:34 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

When I've locked the shell, there was a long delay untill the desktop showed for a moment and then the log-in screen appeared again. When I've logged-in again, everything was working as usual.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        gnome-shell --sm-client-id 106146a46965884dcd138675825826129800000034370000
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.7-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-2.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 52 kaka.in 2014-02-03 06:46:10 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

when gnome-shell killed only bugzilla and vlc player running

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.8-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 53 nicolo.marcolongo 2014-02-04 18:14:24 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

I've blocked Fedora. When I've slide the screen, appeared the error.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.9-301.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 54 Iliyan 2014-02-07 03:57:20 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

During normal work with a web browser (firefox) and console, the shell crashed and reloaded.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        gnome-shell --sm-client-id 103b01492c9730c151139152669671198000000078150000
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.7-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 55 Jan Vesely 2014-02-07 10:44:51 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Unlocking gnome shell

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.9-301.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 56 nicolo.marcolongo 2014-02-07 17:04:13 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Unlocking Fedora.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.9-301.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 57 usman 2014-02-13 06:07:37 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

It happened when i was openeing multiple windows of browsers, file managers and other applications

reporter:       libreport-2.1.10
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.6-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 58 Samuel Sieb 2014-02-13 16:11:14 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

It happened right after I unlocked the screen.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.11
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        gnome-shell --sm-client-id 10a2c9f27b667cf145132571729332818900000011220000
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.7-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 59 Samium Gromoff 2014-02-13 18:42:01 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

The session terminated immediately after a virtual desktop switch.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.11.10-301.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-4.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 60 Samium Gromoff 2014-02-13 19:27:31 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Session frozen for a bit and then died out after a workspace switch.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.11.10-301.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-3.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 61 Benjamin 2014-02-14 03:27:53 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

shell just crashed - I guess it wanted to lock the screen after some inactivity …

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.6-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-4.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 62 Paramjit Oberoi 2014-02-16 13:02:58 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

No idea how to reproduce it, but I've had a sudden spate of gnome-shell crashes lately with no clear cause. It often happens right after typing in the password to a locked session.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.10-300.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-4.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 63 Iliyan 2014-02-17 10:03:52 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

I've locked my desktop for about 20 minutes and then after i've logged back in, there was a l ong delay untill i've seen the opened apps. The shell was crashed so it restarted itself and afterwards the screen was again locked.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        gnome-shell --sm-client-id 103b01492c9730c151139152669671198000000078150000
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.12.9-301.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-6.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 64 Adam Williamson 2014-02-17 14:08:22 EST
*** Bug 1049490 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 65 Jan Vesely 2014-02-20 11:11:07 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unlocking the screen

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.3-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-6.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 66 Jan Vesely 2014-02-20 11:13:52 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unlocking the screen

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.3-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-6.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 67 Jan Vesely 2014-02-20 12:49:46 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unlockng the screen

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.3-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-6.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 68 Arnaud 2014-02-21 03:24:19 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

laptop was idle, at night, i was afk

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.3-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-6.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 69 Jan Vesely 2014-02-25 13:56:25 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unlocking screen lock

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.3-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-8.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 70 Mark Cochran 2014-02-26 14:54:15 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unknown

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.3-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-6.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 71 Nicolas Dufresne 2014-02-28 13:25:39 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

After a day being locked, not in sleep mode, just logged in, and shell restarted.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.3-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-8.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 72 Nicolas Dufresne 2014-02-28 13:42:52 EST
I don't think running gnome-shell in valgrind on daily basis is feasable to be fare (and JIT would most likely confuse it). I'm making guesses, but considering the crashing call is something gc::finalise(), the randomness is clearly due to the garbace collector being triggers. So far, on gjsc it tends to kick in when coming out of idle period, or during high load. Maybe the way forward would be to have an extension that keep stressing the GC, or some ENV that enables a timeout that quickly trigger GC ? We could help correlate a user or automated action with actual crash this way.
Comment 73 Adam Williamson 2014-02-28 13:59:28 EST
Nic: there's more interesting stuff at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=js-shape-finalize and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=972725 , that's the debugging 'state of the art' so far. I've caught the crash in valgrind, multiple times, but they keep asking for more...
Comment 74 Simon Law 2014-03-03 13:51:13 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

It looks like something Evolution tries to render crashes the system.

Reproduction steps:
* Open Evolution

I'm pretty sure it's not a general problem, but must be something that my system is doing.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.3-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.3-8.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 75 Jan Vesely 2014-03-05 20:05:26 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unlocking gnome shell

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.4-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-1.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 76 Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni 2014-03-07 06:41:49 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

I switched the workspaces with the ctrl-alt-up and then it stucked, after few seconds gnome-shell restarted by itself

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.5-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-1.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 77 Yang Lifu 2014-03-09 12:20:22 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

logged in using root

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.5-202.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-1.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 78 Benjamin 2014-03-12 04:28:35 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

I have the "Email This!" Add-On installed in Firefox and wanted to send the link of the current tab to a colleage using a keyboard shortcut. Pressing the shortcut, gnome-shell crashed.

reporter:       libreport-2.1.12
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.6-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-1.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 79 Eric Blake 2014-03-18 22:02:41 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Not exactly sure what happened, but the crash occurred after the system hibernated when it got low on battery power.

reporter:       libreport-2.2.0
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.6-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-1.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            14986
Comment 80 Soeren Grunewald 2014-03-25 08:21:14 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

back from lunch, i have unlocked the screen, gnome-shell crashed.

reporter:       libreport-2.2.0
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.6-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-2.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 81 Jan Vesely 2014-03-26 03:38:04 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unlocking the screen

reporter:       libreport-2.2.0
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.6-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-2.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 82 Bill Gianopoulos 2014-03-28 13:09:43 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Unlocking screen

reporter:       libreport-2.2.0
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.6-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-2.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 83 Paolo Inaudi 2014-04-06 06:51:49 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

I was closing a pdf opened in evince, and everything freezed for about 15 seconds. Then the shell restarted automatically.

reporter:       libreport-2.2.0
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.6-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-1.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 84 Jan Vesely 2014-04-09 10:41:24 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unlocking the screen

reporter:       libreport-2.2.0
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.7-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-2.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 85 Jan Vesely 2014-04-09 10:49:36 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unlocking gnome-shell

reporter:       libreport-2.2.0
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::finalize
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.8-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-2.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 86 Adam Williamson 2014-04-10 15:49:50 EDT
So, some developments on this:

* The devs have a somewhat clearer idea of what's going on, now.
* The bug has serendipitously gone away without an explicit fix in Rawhide; whatever code causes the bad re-entrance into mozjs has apparently changed coincidentally, but the potential remains for the issue to reoccur. It's clearly still happening in F20, though.
* A change has been committed to upstream gjs today which should definitely prevent the re-entrancy happening in future: https://git.gnome.org/browse/gjs/commit/?id=dc31b7cfda356b2691dc90440ea54b461c1b90b4
* We will try to backport this fix to Fedora 20, but it's not entirely straightforward as the affected code changed quite a lot between F20 and current upstream, so the patch doesn't apply directly. Still, hopefully we should be able to provide an experimental test fix shortly.
Comment 87 Evan Nemerson 2014-04-10 16:02:55 EDT
(In reply to Adam Williamson from comment #86)
> * The bug has serendipitously gone away without an explicit fix in Rawhide;
> whatever code causes the bad re-entrance into mozjs has apparently changed
> coincidentally, but the potential remains for the issue to reoccur. It's
> clearly still happening in F20, though.

FWIW I'm running F20 with hughsie's GNOME 3.12 COPR and I haven't seen this bug since I enabled it.  I'm not sure how much that information helps, but it should at least be a smaller delta than F20 -> Rawhide.
Comment 88 Adam Williamson 2014-04-10 17:04:22 EDT
Not really much - the delta of involved packages is really no different, and we're not intending to fix this for F20 by finding whatever change coincidentally stopped triggering the bug for now, but by actually fixing gjs properly. But thanks for the data.
Comment 89 Jan Vesely 2014-04-11 16:34:01 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

unlocking the screen

reporter:       libreport-2.2.1
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.13.9-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-2.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 90 pstrang 2014-05-13 12:30:00 EDT
FWIW, I get this every time I click on 'Activities' (menu apps) in Gnome 3 while remote (VNC connection) with the Nvidia proprietary drivers.  Unfortunately, nouveau isn't happy with my video card (GTX 280M) and I have to run Nvidia drivers for full LCD resolution.  Local session I have no problems.  With nouveau I have no problems.

[ 1486.815661] gnome-shell[3780]: segfault at 28 ip 0000003988e23e18 sp 00007fff8feac340 error 4 in libcogl.so.15.3.0[3988e00000+a5000]

Linux hostname.domain 3.14.2-200.fc20.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Apr 28 14:40:57 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

gnome-shell-3.10.4-2.fc20.x86_64
Comment 91 Adam Williamson 2014-05-13 12:37:00 EDT
That's clearly not at all the same problem, this bug is not video driver specific and does not involve a segfault in anything.
Comment 92 Iliyan 2014-07-29 11:08:03 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

I've just pressed alt-tab in order to switch windows because for some reason firefox wasn't accpeing mouse clicks on my second external display when the gnome shell crashed.

reporter:       libreport-2.2.3
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js::Shape::removeChild(js::Shape*)
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.15.6-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-7.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 93 Frank Büttner 2014-08-05 04:06:16 EDT
On my system it will happened after unlock the screen.
Comment 94 Joshua Rich 2014-09-07 22:48:42 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Locked screen, went away.  Came back, unlocked screen and gnome-shell crashed.  Could move mouse, could not switch focus off last application focused.  Could not do much else.

reporter:       libreport-2.2.3
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: lookup
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.15.10-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-8.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGSEGV
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 95 Jan Vesely 2014-09-10 18:36:45 EDT
Another user experienced a similar problem:

lock screen login

reporter:       libreport-2.2.3
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js_free
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.15.10-201.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-8.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGABRT
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 96 Tim Jackson 2014-11-17 11:19:38 EST
I unlocked the screen and this crash happened without further interaction.
Comment 97 Pierre Ossman 2014-11-26 04:44:57 EST
(In reply to Adam Williamson (Red Hat) from comment #86)
> * We will try to backport this fix to Fedora 20, but it's not entirely
> straightforward as the affected code changed quite a lot between F20 and
> current upstream, so the patch doesn't apply directly. Still, hopefully we
> should be able to provide an experimental test fix shortly.

Shortly you say? :)
Comment 98 Adam Williamson 2014-11-26 18:31:32 EST
I also said 'hopefully' :/

I think it turned out to be more complex than expected, and then people didn't have time for it...busy with F21 validation ATM, but I'll try and find a minute to see if anyone is interested in working on this.
Comment 99 Pavol Sisak 2014-12-04 14:08:12 EST
Another user experienced a similar problem:

Only chrome and terminal were running. Gnome crashed without warning. (May be caused by flash player ? )

reporter:       libreport-2.2.3
backtrace_rating: 4
cmdline:        /usr/bin/gnome-shell
crash_function: js_free
executable:     /usr/bin/gnome-shell
kernel:         3.17.3-200.fc20.x86_64
package:        gnome-shell-3.10.4-9.fc20
reason:         gnome-shell killed by SIGABRT
runlevel:       N 5
type:           CCpp
uid:            1000
Comment 100 Fedora End Of Life 2015-05-29 05:43:35 EDT
This message is a reminder that Fedora 20 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 4 (four) weeks from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 20. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as EOL if it remains open with a Fedora  'version'
of '20'.

Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version' 
to a later Fedora version.

Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that we were not 
able to fix it before Fedora 20 is end of life. If you would still like 
to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a later version 
of Fedora, you are encouraged  change the 'version' to a later Fedora 
version prior this bug is closed as described in the policy above.

Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's 
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a 
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes 
bugs or makes them obsolete.
Comment 101 Fedora End Of Life 2015-06-29 08:51:56 EDT
Fedora 20 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2015-06-23. Fedora 20 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.

If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version. If you
are unable to reopen this bug, please file a new report against the
current release. If you experience problems, please add a comment to this
bug.

Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.