Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1032947
BPEL Console - can't be loaded (hangs on loading screen) on IE8/IE9/IE10
Last modified: 2018-01-29 21:26:54 EST
Description of problem:
Can't load BPEL console in Windows using Internet Explorer 9.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run server (operating system: Windows Server Enterprise)
2. go to: http://localhost:8080/bpel-console/
3. bpel console is not able to load
Same issue on: Windows Server Enterprise 2003 - Internet Explorer 8
This issue persist on IE10 (windows server 2012)
However, once I installed Flash it *still* didn't work for me. Instead I ran into the following error:
07:57:02.618 [ERROR] [app] Failed to create an instance of 'org.jboss.errai.workspaces.client.Application' via deferred binding
I have no idea how to solve or workaround this issue. The error is coming out of the Errai Workspaces code, which is a feature of Errai that was removed a long time ago.
I'm not sure what else to try...
Are you using any of the functionality provided by the workspaces module? If not, I'd suggest removing the module from the classpath and rebuilding the application. As Eric pointed out, we removed that module from the Errai codebase about 2.5 years ago.
Does it work on older versions of IE? If so, you could try adding the x-ua-compatible meta tag to your host page (i.e. <meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=8"/>)
I'm splitting the InvalidCharacterError into a separate BZ:
As for *this* defect, the issues is that if Flash is not installed there is an error in the generated GWT code that prevents the page from loading. The easiest workaround is to simply install Flash.
The only possibilities for fixing this would be to patch the generated GWT code after/during the build or else possibly upgrade GWT. Neither of these are quick or great options, in my opinion.
Sadly I think this should be a documentation issue: "install flash to use the bpel console".
PS: thanks to @csadilek for the x-ua-compatible meta-data suggestion. That actually worked for the InvalidCharacterError error!
CR1: Workaround is not working.
Still a problem with IE10 even with flash installed.
Oy! This workaround worked for me in both of my local VMs (Windows 8 and Windows 7). It also worked for me when testing against one of the QE VMs. Specifically this one:
I did this:
1) connect to VM @ the above IP
2) open IE, 11.0.9600.16476
3) navigate to bpel-console, it failed to load
4) installed Flash v188.8.131.52
5) reloaded bpel-console, it WORKED!!
I realize this test was done with IE11 - I need access to an IE10 machine to test further.