Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1038449
RFE: integrate client with command-line tools (command hook in zanata.xml)
Last modified: 2014-03-20 01:47:13 EDT
Some items to test:
1. Output from hook commands is shown by default.
2. Output from hook commands can be hidden if the attribute "quiet" is true.
3. "After" hooks can be run unconditionally if the attribute "always" is true, if a push/pull fails, or if a preceding hook fails.
4. Child process is terminated if the zanata client process is interrupted (eg Ctrl-C).
--- Additional comment from Ding-Yi Chen on 2013-12-05 10:59:55 EST ---
Help Documentation should be located in zanata,org and under the section that explain how to use client.
--- Additional comment from David Mason on 2013-12-05 11:23:34 EST ---
Added link from zanata.org client configuration instructions to command hook instructions on the Zanata wiki.
See paragraph near the end of http://zanata.org/help/cli/cli-configuration/
The advantages of this approach over shell script or make are:
1. Suitable for maven prior 2.0.9, which returned correct return codes (i.e. always returning 0, see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3651 for detail).
2. Works regardless your are using zanata maven plugin or zanata-client.
(In reply to Ding-Yi Chen from comment #0)
> 3. "After" hooks can be run unconditionally if the attribute "always" is
> true, if a push/pull fails, or if a preceding hook fails.
This is not included in the provided implementation. I have created a separate bug for the addition of this feature. See: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1038844
Attributes in <before> and <after> tag are not covered thus will not be tested with this bug.
VERIFIED with zanata-maven-plugin:3.3.0-SNAPSHOT
Server Zanata version 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT (20131206-0037)
Closing VERIFIED bugs for Zanata server 3.3.2.