Bug 1053351 - script to migrate data from bz db to hwcert db for public veiw
Summary: script to migrate data from bz db to hwcert db for public veiw
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Hardware Certification Program
Classification: Retired
Component: Hardware Catalog
Version: 5.3
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
unspecified
Target Milestone: ---
: ---
Assignee: Tony Fu
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On: 1059044 1059926 1059928 1059929 1061026 1061029 1062107 1062157
Blocks: 1053334
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2014-01-15 05:00 UTC by Tony Fu
Modified: 2014-03-14 05:03 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2014-03-14 05:03:43 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)
public view db schema (12.50 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics)
2014-02-13 10:35 UTC, Tony Fu
no flags Details
sql queries to make db shema changes for public view (590 bytes, text/plain)
2014-02-14 00:12 UTC, Tony Fu
no flags Details
script to generate data for two new tables - products and versions (1.62 KB, application/x-perl)
2014-02-14 01:05 UTC, Tony Fu
no flags Details
sql queries to make db shema changes for public view (621 bytes, text/plain)
2014-02-14 06:43 UTC, Tony Fu
no flags Details

Description Tony Fu 2014-01-15 05:00:44 UTC
Description of problem:


We need a script to migrate data from bz db to hwcert db for existing public certs.

Comment 1 Huan Zhang 2014-01-15 08:30:11 UTC
We can try to write this script in Python, so that it will be more easy for us to maintain.

Comment 2 Rob Landry 2014-01-15 19:30:04 UTC
(In reply to Huan Zhang from comment #1)
> We can try to write this script in Python, so that it will be more easy for
> us to maintain.

This sentence doesn't include any claims to back it's assertion.


(In reply to Tony Fu from comment #0)
> Description of problem:
> 
> 
> We need a script to migrate data from bz db to hwcert db for existing public
> certs.

This needs to be further clarified, what each script will do, how it will be run how it will be verified, etc. etc.


More likely this should be a (set of) management tool(s) that is(are) part of the catalog administration.  Also recall that the data will need to be cleaned, there is still rubbish in there like weird all caps version mixed with the normal capitalization and makes that need to be merged.  Doing these as a one off script means they cannot be reused to clean up future issue.

Comment 3 Huan Zhang 2014-01-16 01:30:32 UTC
(In reply to Rob Landry from comment #2)
> (In reply to Huan Zhang from comment #1)
> > We can try to write this script in Python, so that it will be more easy for
> > us to maintain.
> 
> This sentence doesn't include any claims to back it's assertion.
> 
Please ignore comment #1 :)

> 
> (In reply to Tony Fu from comment #0)
> > Description of problem:
> > 
> > 
> > We need a script to migrate data from bz db to hwcert db for existing public
> > certs.
> 
> This needs to be further clarified, what each script will do, how it will be
> run how it will be verified, etc. etc.
> 
> 
> More likely this should be a (set of) management tool(s) that is(are) part
> of the catalog administration.  Also recall that the data will need to be
> cleaned, there is still rubbish in there like weird all caps version mixed
> with the normal capitalization and makes that need to be merged.  Doing
> these as a one off script means they cannot be reused to clean up future
> issue.

But a simple script is more easy to reach our purpose.

Comment 5 Tony Fu 2014-01-29 04:02:04 UTC
The fields we need for public view are

1. vendor/make/model/category
2. spec url
3. product url
4. support url
5. product
6. version
7.platforms
8. status (it will always display one constant value for public cert, we don't need to worry about it just now)
9. kbase data which is handled by other bugs.

So we need 7 data migration script for first 7 fields

Comment 6 Tony Fu 2014-01-29 04:05:18 UTC
(In reply to Tony Fu from comment #5)
> The fields we need for public view are
> 
> 1. vendor/make/model/category
> 2. spec url
> 3. product url
> 4. support url
> 5. product
> 6. version
> 7.platforms
> 8. status (it will always display one constant value for public cert, we
> don't need to worry about it just now)
> 9. kbase data which is handled by other bugs.
> 
> So we need 7 data migration script for first 7 fields

field 3 and 4 have been in hwcert db, we won't need script to migrate them.

Comment 7 Tony Fu 2014-02-13 10:35:45 UTC
Created attachment 862684 [details]
public view db schema

We probably should save all new fields as ids instead of strings, but since they will need data cleaning up, we just save a part of fields as ids and leave the rest as what they are in bz db.

Comment 8 Tony Fu 2014-02-14 00:12:17 UTC
Created attachment 863033 [details]
sql queries to make db shema changes for public view

Just combined all db schema changes sql files, so eng ops can make all required db schema changes in one go.

Please note, it doesn't include kbase related changes which is included in other bugs.

Comment 9 Tony Fu 2014-02-14 01:05:05 UTC
Created attachment 863035 [details]
script to generate data for two new tables - products and versions

Comment 10 Tony Fu 2014-02-14 06:43:44 UTC
Created attachment 863124 [details]
sql queries to make db shema changes for public view

Comment 11 Tony Fu 2014-03-14 05:03:43 UTC
verified on live.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.