Created attachment 862856 [details]
Description of problem:
host with labeled interface becomes non-operational when moved between clusters with labeled networks, for detailed description see reproduction steps
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
oVirt Engine Version: 3.4.0-0.7.beta2.el6
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Define Data Center with two clusters: CL1 and CL2
2. Create network NET1 with label lb_1 attached ONLY to cluster CL1
3. Create network NET2 with label lb_1 attached ONLY to cluster CL2
4. add host A to CL1 with interface (other than ovirtmgmt) marked lb_1
5. Move host A from Cluster CL1 to Cluster CL2
host is moved to cluster CL2, but after activation it becomes non operation with complaint that network NET2 is missing on the host (see screenshot), however Setup Networks dialog shows NET2 as attached to the labeled interface
host is moved from CL1 to CL2 and network on interface labeled lb_1 is switched from NET1 to NET2
2014-02-13 15:29:25,004 INFO [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector] (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-5) [31c51424] Correlation ID: null, Call Stack: null, Custom Event ID: -1, Message: Failed to configure networks on host dell-05 while changing its cluster.
Created attachment 862857 [details]
Created attachment 862858 [details]
There seems to be two issues with this scenario:
1. The failure to configure a vm network via labels, which seems consistent, specifically since doing the same scenario with vlans works.
2. The setup networks dialog present the network configuration incorrectly. The NET2 network was never configured on the host, therefore it should never present that network as configured on the host.
Please open a dedicated bug for 2.
opened bug 1065270 for point 2 from comment 3
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager Version: 3.4.0-0.5.master.el6ev
Closing as part of 3.4.0