Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 107618
[rfe] [patch] host/hrSensor back!
Last modified: 2015-03-04 20:12:54 EST
Please accept this relatively tested patch which merges the following for
net-snmp 5.x (diffs against 5.0.9-2 from Rawhide):
- the original sensors patch Harald Hoyer <email@example.com> once wrote for
- Ben Woodard's <firstname.lastname@example.org> sensors conditional dlopen() patch (bug #69125)
- Buildprereq rpm-devel (5.0.9-2 changelog talks about rpm-devel but looking at
bug (#103892) this should be net-snmp-devel and this patch is unnecessary and
the changelog in error)
I've verified this to work under the following conditions:
- various servers with an I2c subsystem and lm_sensors configured
- various servers without any lm_sensors package at all
- an IBM laptop with lm_sensors installed but not active
The original artistic style has been preserved for all eternity (or at least the
next indent -kr ;-))
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Apply patches
3. make sure lm_sensors is properly installed to verify sensors support
4. go root
5. restart net-snmp
6. lsof -p `cat /var/run/snmpd` |grep sens
snmpd 31234 root mem REG 3,2 102408 66061
snmpd 31234 root 8r REG 3,1 48520 34611 /etc/sensors.conf
7. snmpwalk -v 2c -c community 127.0.0.1 host.8 (or similar)
(( lots of output ))
I believe there is a demand for this feature and since this was released as
ERRATA for 7.x it might as well be integrated into the new snmpd as well.
Created attachment 95341 [details]
difference between 5.0.9-2 and 5.0.9-3 spec file
Created attachment 95342 [details]
Patch adding support for sensors to net-snmp 5.x
That certainly looks nice. I'll be including it the next build.
Read ya, Phil
Again, thanks for the patch!
It's included now in net-snmp-5.1-1 which should hit the stree erh,
rawhide i mean in the next few days.
Read ya, Phil