Bug 10803 - Buffer mixups in file name creation
Summary: Buffer mixups in file name creation
Status: CLOSED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: initscripts   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 6.1
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bill Nottingham
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2000-04-13 20:57 UTC by csquare
Modified: 2014-03-17 02:13 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2000-04-28 12:09:00 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description csquare 2000-04-13 20:57:14 UTC
I was trying to track which scripts were getting run to track a problem. I
inserted an echo into rc.sysinit so I could see on the terminal when and if
a script was run.  I put in something like echo "in_2_sysinit".  A few
boots later I set smbd to run with the level editor in the control panel.
Smbd did not run so I checked rc.d to see what was setup.  A link should
have been made named K35smb in rc3.d.  The file that was there was
Kin_2_sysinit35smb.  The echo got inserted into the filename created for
the link.  The same thing happened for the file 91 something and also in
K35smb in rc5.d.

Comment 1 Moritz Barsnick 2000-04-28 12:09:59 UTC
Debug should always be echoed to stderr, IMHO.

(echo "in_2_sysinit" 1>&2)

Still, it must be a bug.

Comment 2 Bill Nottingham 2001-01-30 00:57:01 UTC
I could never reproduce this here.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.