Password changes on legacy IdM clients
Previously, Red Hat Enterprise Linux contained a version of _slapi-nis_ that does not enable user to change their passwords on legacy Identity Management (IdM) clients. As a consequence, users logged in to clients via the slapi-nis compatibility tree could only update their password using the IdM web UI or directly in Active Directory (AD). A patch has been applied to and as a result, users are now able to change their password on legacy IdM clients.
Description of problem:
Legacy client tree in RHEL-7 supports:
- Identity for IPA and AD users (RFE in Bug 1002649)
- Authentication (LDAP BIND) for IPA and AD users (RFE in Bug 1002649)
However, it does not have password change support so that it is properly routed either to IPA or AD.
slapi-nis upstream ticket:
Thierry managed to advance with development of this RFE. It requires 3 modifications:
* 389-ds-base: it should support registration of pre/post extended operation and call them upon extended operation (Bug 1344414)
* ipapwd_extop: It should retrieve from the pb a target_DN set by the pre-extop callback and use it as the operation DN (this Bug, i.e. upstream ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5946)
* slapi-nis: register a pre-extop that catch the password change and translate the requested DN, if it is mapped, into the real DN (Bug 1084304)
slapi-nis master (https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5955):
Jan, do you also want to bump Requires in ipa with the new required builds:
Martin, no Requires bump is required, as this change was pulled in with the rebase in ipa-4.4.0-1.el7.
Marking the bug verified as per #comment10 in bz1084304
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.