Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 109578
failed to detect provider's nameservers
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:33 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030703
Description of problem:
i tried to configure a dsl connection.
provider's name, user name,password and accepted my pcmcia card probed
by the application.
I created the device and i tried to connect.
I pressed activate, everything went right and device was mentioned to
But no connection could be made reporting unknown hosts.
After that, i saw that nameservers of my provider were not in primary
dns and secondary dns boxes.
So i searched to /etc/ppp and i found that nameservers of my provider
were detected right in resolve.conf file.
My next action was to type these servers in primary,secondary dns boxes
and finally i ve connected to the internet.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.configure dsl connection
Actual Results: failure to connect to the internet
Expected Results: connect
Created attachment 97297 [details]
screenshot of configuration dialog
as marked in the attachment, if you edit your DSL device, the options
for DNS should be checked.
That option is enabled by default.
This looks like a duplicate of bug 109607.