Description of problem:
WAIT_FOR_BEFORE_START does not work for / context applications for EAP in domain mode. If you set WAIT_FOR_BEFORE_START to / and deploy a / application, the connectors never start.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. ./domain.sh -Dorg.apache.catalina.connector.WAIT_FOR_BEFORE_START=/
2. Deploy a / context (or use default Welcome root context)
3. Check and see that the connectors never started as expected after / was deployed
Connector doesn't start, request for localhost:8080 fails.
Connectors start properly with WAIT_FOR_BEFORE_START=/ when / context app is deployed
this BZ is related to the BZ-1050204 which deals with EAP in standalone mode.
Issue is still valid for the EAP 6.3.0.ER10.
Created attachment 1003708 [details]
On the basis of my test, I can not reproduce this issue in latest EAP 6.4.0.CR1. I think this has been fixed along with bz1050204 in previous release.
1. start server in domain mode and disable welcome app:
2. restart server in domain with option -Dorg.apache.catalina.connector.WAIT_FOR_BEFORE_START=/ then, deploy simple webapp.war:
deploy local_path/webapp.war --server-groups=main-server-group
3. open http://localhost:8080/ As a result, I can see the expected message.
I have also checked it.
I am able to reproduce it with EAP 6.3.0, but no longer with EAP 6.4.0.CR1 => was fixed somewhere along the way.