Description of problem:
Onc ethe Virtual Appliance image is available it should also be part of Node.
This will enable the user to setup a hosted-engine setup without any other image / external ressources.
this is a bit more complex than just embedding it.
the entire flow should be a bit different in this case to simplify things.
putting needinfo on myself to provide the extra details here...
1. we make a virtual appliance for engine.
2. we make an ovirt-node+hosted-engine (and then some) out of the box.
we first need to resolve:
- have a virtual appliance for ovirt
- improve hosted-engine flow with the virtual appliance for ovirt
Flow would look something like:
- install ovirt-node++, will setup a local (or nfs) storage domain with hosted
- allow to live storage migrate hosted engine vm to a shared storage domain
- allow to set other hosts as 'hosted engine hosts' from webadmin (if they
have the shared storage domain)
- tbd on neutron/miq/glance appliances (out of the box / glance.redhat.com /
inject into a data domain)
This is an automated message.
This Bugzilla report has been opened on a version which is not maintained anymore.
Please check if this bug is still relevant in oVirt 3.5.4.
If it's not relevant anymore, please close it (you may use EOL or CURRENT RELEASE resolution)
If it's an RFE please update the version to 4.0 if still relevant.
For now it is not planed to embedded the appliance inside the iso, because the size of the iso would increase massively.