Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 110423
gnome-theme-manager does not install icon themes correctly
Last modified: 2013-04-02 00:18:42 EDT
Description of problem:
When installing icon themes via gnome-theme-manager the theme files
(e.g. from art.gnome.org) are extracted into the ~/.themes folder
instead of the ~/.icons folder. So, after apparently installing
'successfully', the icons are not available.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Gnome gnome-theme-manager 2.4.0
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Check contents of ~/.themes & ~/.icons
2. Launch gnome-theme-manager (Main Menu > Preferences > Theme)
3. Click 'Install Theme'
4. Browse to the theme file and accept.
5. Check contents of ~/.themes & ~/.icons again. Theme should be
visible in ~/.themes
6. In 'Theme', click 'Theme Details' and select the 'Icons' tab
Theme is not available
Theme should be available
Manually moving the theme folder from ~/.themes to ~/.icons makes
the theme available as expected.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 134670 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.