1. Proposed title of this feature request
puppet bug # 17493 back port to RHOSP
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account: name (acct #) Telefonica Digital| 5231859
TAM customer: yes
SRM customer: yes
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Customer is hitting puppet bug 17493 (http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/17493)
This bug's fix was highlighted in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=871211, and is currently fixed in factor-1.6.18-3.el6 in EPEL Customer would like to have this fix brought into the version of factor used in RHOSP
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer uses facter for other buisness needs and is not able to use the epel version since they are running foreman
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
backport fix into factor used in RHOSP
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Running facter --debug
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
Yes http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/17493 / https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=871211
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Successfully tested RHELOSP-4 with facter-1.7.4-1.el6.x86_64.rpm, so we can update it to the same version which we have in RHELOSP-5.
verified in Havana using the latest facter version :
# rpm -q facter
ran basic sanity on nova (booted an instance)
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.