Tested this bug on ovirt-node-3.0.1-18.el6_5.13.noarch and rhev-hypervisor6-6.5-20140715.0.iso.
Test scenario 1: Create bond from RHEVH
1. Installed RHEV-H successful.
2. RHEVH TUI-> Network-> Create Bond
3. bond name limited "bond[0-99]", six characters.
4. Created bond successful, bond name display correct.
Test scenario 2: Create bond from RHEVM
1. Add RHEV-H successful.
2. Access RHEVM webadmin
3. Hosted-> Setup Hosts Networks
4. Create New Bond -> Bond12345678901 (bond+number max 11 digits), total: 15 characters.
5. Save network configuration.
6. Check RHEV-H TUI-> Network
7. The new bond Bond12345678901 is displayed.
8. Repeat step 4, enter bond name more than 15 characters, then there pop up messages "size must be between 1 and 15"
In this bug Doc Text "RHEV-H display only 7 characters of bond device names", but in real RHEVH, there limited 6 characters, bond[0-99], which should be correct? 7 characters or 6 characters?
The same question to you too on comment 4.
Ying, thanks. IO've updated the doctext.
Lucinda, could you please check if the wording is good?
(In reply to Fabian Deutsch from comment #6)
> Ying, thanks. IO've updated the doctext.
OK, so the bond name from RHEV-H TUI created is limited "bond[0-99]", six characters. After Fabian confirmation, I change this bug status to 'Verified'
I just updated a couple of words, so it reads "did not display" instead of "could display". I believe this is accurate now.
Lucy, thanks, that looks like a nice text now.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.