Description of problem:
The following code was merged upstream to enable multi-host access to EQL blokc back end:
This a required fix for live migration with EQL back end and for using EQL for ephemeral storage.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Not sure what additional info you need, if any?
Also let me, my QE team, when new drop is avalable with the fix for us to test.
Created attachment 931439 [details]
Cinder volume log and screenshoot
Verified, Please review process as I was missing details and guessed them!
1. Packstack deployed AIO+a second compute node
2. Configured AIO /var/lib/nova/instance as shared NFS storage for live migration.
3. Mapped second compute's nova folder to NFS share on AIO.
4. Configured needed live migration settings under Nova.conf
5. Tested live migration with Cirros instance.
6. Configured Cinder driver for Dell EQL PS6000 ISCSI storage
7. Created empty Cinder volume, checked on Dell volume was created.
8. Attached this new volume to instance on AIO compute host.
9. Noticed a single ISCSI connection on Dell to this volume.
10.Live migrated instance with attached volume to second compute node.
11.During migration noticed Dell volume info showed two ISCSI connections.
12.Migration completed successfully, cinder volume remined attached.
13.Checked volume info again Dell again shows only one ISCSI connection.
Attached Cinder logs and srceenshot of volume info.
Hope this verifies bug, wasn't sure which live migration to use.
BTW when I tried to create a new volume from a Glance image I ran into problems, opening a new bug about it, I'll add BZ number as comment later.
The verification process looks correct. Thanks for verifying.
Create volume from image fails with EQL driver, new bug
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.