Created attachment 925157 [details]
EAP 5 resource tree before and after the upgrade
Description of problem:
Resource tree of EAP 5 changes after upgrade from JON 3.2.0 GA to 3.3.0 DR01 (see attached screenshot).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
JON 3.3.0 DR01
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install JON 3.2.0 GA server and remote agent monitoring EAP 5
2. Using Web UI check the contents of EAP's reource tree (make the screenshot)
3. Upgrade JON server to version 3.3.0 and wait until the remote agent is upgraded as well.
4. Using Web UI check the contents of EAP's reource tree and compare it with the resource tree before the upgrade.
The resource tree has changed. More specifically, the 'Resource' subcategory is moved to the lower level and it holds different content.
The resource tree does not change.
See also BZ 1069545 which describes the JON3-8 Put EAP subsystems into JON subcategories requirement. Relevant TCMS test case can be found here: https://tcms.engineering.redhat.com/case/385013/?from_plan=14289
Stefan, this sounds like maybe when you updated the plugin descriptor for the subcategory changes, maybe something got tweaked? Or maybe this is an intended change?
The result is a little suprising given the fact that the plugin upgrade should correctly set the nested resource subcategories.
Here is what happens during the upgrade process:
1) JON server is upgraded which means that a simplistic db upgrade job runs to clean up the existing tables from the database.
2) Afterwards, the EAP 5 plugin upgrade will correctly set the nested subcategories.
The steps from the description are not very clear about the actual plugin upgrade. I will need to check with the author to ensure the testing followed the proper upgrade procedure.
I retested this issue again, I upgraded JON server 3.2.0 GA -> 3.3.0 DR01, gave remote agent monitoring EAP 5 enough time to download/install new plugins, and the issue did not occur again. The reason must be last time I did not explicitly check the remote agent installed new plugins and did not give it enough time. After discussion with Stefan I am closing this BZ as NOTABUG.
See attached screenshot.
Created attachment 929657 [details]
EAP 5 resource tree is the same after upgrade