Created attachment 925760 [details]
smaps of nm-applet
Description of problem:
During couple days of usage (uptime of 13 days) my nm-applet has grown to 650MB which is way to much for an applet.
PID PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
1053 20 0 2194148 650228 26068 S 15,5 16,5 9:27.21 nm-applet
Attached is smaps of nm-applet process - which shows the major portion is consumed by heap.
If the maintainer wants - I may probably use it through valgrind...
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
*** Bug 1114480 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
See the created attachment 926548 [details] for bug 1129818 for the memory leaks.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 22 development cycle.
Changing version to '22'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
I can confirm this bug in F21.
- The memory increases (~10MB) each time the password dialog appears, asking for the WPA2 personal login
- It does not increase when disconnecting
- It does not increase when confirming the password
- It does only increase ~1KB when the connection is has just established
The package is network-manager-applet-0.9.10.3-1.git20150511.36c8684.fc21.x86_64
- It does not increase when a network has a saved password and connects without entering the password.
This package has changed ownership in the Fedora Package Database. Reassigning to the new owner of this component.
Looking at the reported leaks - and considering my newly opened Bug #1314976 which is now marked as fixed - I'm considering it as being a duplicate.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1314976 ***