Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1128954
Convoluted way of opening docs from groups
Last modified: 2015-01-26 18:27:52 EST
Description of problem:
Having to chose your language twice before finally being able to open the selected doc for translation.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/version-group/view/Satellite6
2. choose language (de - German)
3. choose project (candlepin)
4. choose language (de - German)
5. choose document (keys.po)
Many steps to open a doc, having to select language twice.
More streamlined and clearer process
To navigate to editor faster
1) open https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/version-group/view/Satellite6/projects (this will bring you to project tab under group page)
2) Select your project, click on the language you wish to translate in right column.
Maybe that should become the default view then?
Alex, why do we make people choose their language again? Step 4 in Hedda's list should not exist. We should be sending them directly to the document list with the language selected.
Can we please change this?
Also, I will be working on improving both the group and project pages in the future. Thanks for bringing this up, I will keep it in mind for future changes.
Luke, we didn't schedule this change "sending them directly to the document list with the language selected." on any release.
I will make the change in this sprint.
VERIFIED with Zanata 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT (git-jenkins-zanata-server-github-pull-requests-1931)
*** Bug 1131739 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***