1. Proposed title of this feature request
Allow creation of new disks as copy / replica of any existing disk of choice (
disks that are attached/unattached to any vm / template )
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account: name Etes GmbH 1319153
TAM customer: no
SRM customer: no
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Option to create new disk which are copies of any required disk in any storage domain in DC .
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
This is a basic operation which customer environment frequently requires.
(Note: There are many RFE which indirectly requires the same but closed ,
as they were raised long back . BZ849419 )
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Sean, let's review for 3.6?
Feature page: http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Copy_Disks
Test Plan was sent to all relevant parties.
Test Plan was reviewed
Verified according to test plan:
Moving to Verified!
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
Chaps - This is an awesome bit of work. We've waited a while for it but works like a dream. Well done all involved.
(In reply to Richard Davis from comment #14)
> Chaps - This is an awesome bit of work. We've waited a while for it but
> works like a dream. Well done all involved.
Thank you! It great to hear positive feedback.