Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 113394
ContentItem does not have correct auditing information
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:01:10 EDT
Description of problem:
There are actually two problems with the current auditing system.
1. The creation date is not correctly stored by Versioning since it is
returning the first date an item is changed rather then the actual
2. There is no easy way to sort or filter content items by creation
date, last modified date, or creation user (or any other auditing
So, I am proposing that I make ContentItem emulate the behavior of an
AuditedACSObject since we really need to have auditing on ContentItem
and don't have it as of Troika. This needs to be fixed for the ws3
delivery so I am going to implement it in the next day or two if there
are not any large objections.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. the creation date is wrong and is not denormalized to a point
where it can be used in queries
A couple of use cases, where having auditing data explicitly
denormalized in acs_auditing tables rather than implicitly in
vc_operations is important to performance/simplicitly of SQL queries:
* Search - filtering intermedia results based on creation/modified
date range & creation/modified user
* Folder item listing - sorting based on last modified date/author, etc
s/Two problems/Three problems/.
3. Calling get(LastModified|Creation)(User|Date) on a content item
with a loaded DB takes 400ms per method call. See bug 113480
p4 39404 makes ContentItem contain its own BasicAuditTrail so that it
contains the correct information and hopefully since it is no
denormalized it should be a little faster. After this change a folder
with 12 items went from 90 queries to 45. It also allows us to sort
tables and filter the search results.
QA_READY has been deprecated in favor of ON_QA. Please use ON_QA in the future.
Moving to ON_QA.
Closing old tickets