Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 119481
FC2 Test2 Hard disk install dows not work
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:39 EST
Description of problem:
When trying to perform a hard disk install of FC2 test2, anaconda can
not find any hard disk partitions when looking for install media.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot FC test2 CD1
2. enter linux askmethod at lilo prompt
3. Select install method "Hard disk"
Anaconda finds no partitions, and a window appears which prompts me to
select drivers (SCSI, USB, RAID etc.)
Anaconda finds my ext3 partitions and I can choose the partition and
directory where the ISO images reside, and install FC2
- When starting a CD-ROM install (i.e. without askmethod) anaconda
finds my hard disk, with its current FC1 partiton, and offers to
- When booting I can see that the kernel finds my disks, and lists the
partitions on it
- On console 3 I can see "hda using ignore (not loaded)", and the same
for hdd (both hda and hdd have ext3 partitions on them)
- Even if I choose to load the Intel PIIx driver from the driver
selection dialog, anaconda still can't find anything.
- My mainboard is an ASUS AS533 (Sis 645DX chipset)
- The arjanv 2.6 kernels work fine with FC1 on this machine
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 118881 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.