3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Satellite 6 should support the ability to run in an active-active configuration to enable greater scalability.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
The customer needs to connect 20,000+ systems to the Satellite with a growth potential of thousands more per site. There is also a requirement for failover/HA capability for production-supporting systems such as Satellite.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
The product would support an active-active configuration with technical capabilities and configuration documentation.
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Thank you for your interest in Satellite 6. We have evaluated this request, and while we recognize that it is a valid request, we do not expect this to be implemented in the product in the foreseeable future. This is due to other priorities for the product, and not a reflection on the request itself. We are therefore closing this out as WONTFIX. If you have any concerns about this, please do not reopen. Instead, feel free to contact Red Hat Technical Support. Thank you.