PowerBook kernels provide /proc/apm. The battery applet, however, is
not present on ppc. Bonobo errors are reported on login.
You need the apmd package for the applet and this is only built on ix86
Need to fix gnome-panel's %post add-battstat-to-the-default-panel
David: could you test gnome-panel-2.6.0-8 in dist-fc2-HEAD?
* Mon Apr 19 2004 Mark McLoughlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2.6.0-8
- Only put the battstat applet on the default panel on ix86 (i.e. the
platforms where apmd is built) - bug #121098
*** Bug 121181 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
But that way I still don't get the battstat_applet, which is still wrong.
I 'fixed' it locally by building apmd and rebuilding gnome-applets
without ppc listed in 'no_apm_archs'.
Fixed with gnome-panel-2.6.0-9, gnome-applets-2.6.0-3 and apmd-3.0.2-22
* Mon Apr 19 2004 Mark McLoughlin <email@example.com> 2.6.0-9
- Install battstat on the default panel on ppc too
* Mon Apr 19 2004 Mark McLoughlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> 1:2.6.0-3
- Build battstat on ppc too
* Mon Apr 19 2004 David Woodhouse <email@example.com>
- build on ppc too because that emulates APM