Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1211849
RFE: As a project maintainer, I want to be able to change my project/version slug
Last modified: 2015-07-23 00:10:02 EDT
Points from discussion:
- Allow change of slug for project/version after creation.
What to implement (from dev team discussion):
- Allow maintainer to change slug to an available slug on the settings page.
- Same sort of validation messages for unavailable slug as when creating a new project/version.
- Make it clear to the user that changing will break the links to the project/version.
- Old slug is available immediately.
- Make sure tooltips & help do not say that it cannot be changed.
- A renamed project-version should still show up in a group that it was in (with the new name).
Technical note: has to invalidate cache and lucene indexes.
All open editor session (workspace) will become invalid after slug change. Need to sent notification to editor or even force redirect to new url
From what I can see in our code, we index project version slug but never really query it.
We used to use lucene search in project wide search but then switched back to HQL. There is a boolean value to switch between the two implementation.
Right now, it is not used. But I will re-index it anyway after a version slug change.
comment 3 is no longer true. we don't index version slug any more.
Verified (master) at 4995a027ab73f0b1e2ea734fc5a7db43b92ee37d