Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1082840
RFE: As a project maintainer I want to be able to delete a project or project version from Zanata
Last modified: 2015-08-06 01:55:20 EDT
Description of problem:
As a project maintainer I want to be able to delete a project or project version from Zanata:
- Currently there is no way to actually delete or remove a project from Zanata. Projects can be hidden from translators, but they cannot be deleted
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a project
2. Try to delete it
This feature should be just the deletion of project/version without any backup.
*** Bug 1196453 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Points from discussion:
- Open up 'archived' feature to project maintainers.
- Confirmation message - when maintainers trying to delete project/version (maintainer have to type in project/version name)
- make slug reusable - change slug append prefix/postfix (sequence, inaccessibe char, colon, timestamp) - recycle it (enhancement, delete after 30 days)
*** Bug 1211021 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
What to implement (from dev team discussion):
- Assume that allowing change project/version slug is already done.
- The “Archive this project” button on project settings will change to a “Delete this project” button.
- The description makes clear that it is permanent delete
- Maintainers can see and click the “Delete this project” button.
- There is a modal/popup to get through before delete will happen, with adequate barrier to accidental click.
- The modal indicates that this may be permanent delete.
- When delete happens:
- the person who deleted will be redirected to the dashboard (if it was a project), or to the parent project (if it was a version).
- the project or version is no longer visible to anyone (including admin and maintainer), in any project list etc. (this means the obsolete checkbox on project list will be removed).
- the slug is available for use in a new project/version
- Technical note: make sure the data is still in a form that will work for the restore feature is implemented.
Verified at 8ac9d995bc4c05c7165cff250e77a07a4d830e5a