Bug 1179766 has 4 questions, two refer to virt-who changes and two refer to adding virt-who benefits to the Satellite 6.1 Release notes. I'm splitting this bug into two bugs:
Bug 1179766 addresses the two virt-who changes.
This new bug addresses the two release note additions, as follows:
2. virt-who is no longer required to run on subscription-manager registered system
4. vmware performance improved
(numbering from original bug 1179766):
Since this issue was entered in Red Hat Bugzilla, the release flag has been
set to ? to ensure that it is properly evaluated for this release.
Assigning to DavidO to include in the release notes.
So for rel notes, are the benefits just:
1. virt-who is no longer required to run on subscription-manager registered system
2. vmware performance improved
Is there some sort of elaboration we'd like to include? I haven't worked with virt-who at all.
You can just expand on the above:
1. virt-who is no longer required to run on subscription-manager registered system and just needs to be configured to communicate with the Satellite via the configuration file.
2. We have improved the performance of virt-who in interacting with VMWare for polling and inventory operations.