Bug 1236382 - [webadmin] power management is broken
Summary: [webadmin] power management is broken
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: oVirt
Classification: Retired
Component: ovirt-engine-webadmin
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
urgent
Target Milestone: ---
: 3.6.0
Assignee: Alexander Wels
QA Contact: Petr Matyáš
URL:
Whiteboard: infra
Depends On: 1260626
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2015-06-28 12:08 UTC by Max Kovgan
Modified: 2016-02-10 19:31 UTC (History)
10 users (show)

Fixed In Version: 3.6.0-4_alpha3
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2015-11-04 11:23:51 UTC
oVirt Team: Infra


Attachments (Terms of Use)
engine-log showing power problems (1.02 MB, text/plain)
2015-06-28 12:08 UTC, Max Kovgan
no flags Details


Links
System ID Private Priority Status Summary Last Updated
oVirt gerrit 43017 0 master MERGED webadmin: fix fence agent issues. Never

Description Max Kovgan 2015-06-28 12:08:54 UTC
Created attachment 1044013 [details]
engine-log showing power problems

Description of problem:
Power management of host doesn't work from the web admin.


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-jdbc-1.0.0-0.0.master.20150616142746.git03b5d8b.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-cli-3.6.0.0-0.3.20150623.git53408f5.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-wildfly-8.2.0-1.el6.x86_64
ovirt-engine-setup-base-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-vmconsole-proxy-helper-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-dbscripts-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-ovirt-engine-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-backend-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-extensions-api-impl-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-lib-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-wildfly-overlay-001-2.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-ovirt-engine-common-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-websocket-proxy-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-vmconsole-proxy-helper-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-jboss-as-7.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
ovirt-engine-restapi-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-setup-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-userportal-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-reports-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150624094644.20150624094424.git019fd83.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-dwh-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150617151108.20150617150804.gitfccbb7a.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-websocket-proxy-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-tools-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-webadmin-portal-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150627185750.git6f063c1.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-reports-setup-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150624094644.20150624094424.git019fd83.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-dwh-setup-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150617151108.20150617150804.gitfccbb7a.el6.noarch
ovirt-engine-sdk-python-3.6.0.0-0.15.20150625.gitfc90daf.el6.noarch

How reproducible:
100%

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install the aforementioned rpms and their dependencies, install engine and run engine-setup following official documentation
2. login via webadmin add dc, cluster and a host into it without touching power management.
3. wait for the host to be installed
4. edit host, make sure your dc and cluster are not changed [by another bug], and:
4.1 - edit power management details
4.2 - click OK


Actual results:
alerts in the alerts list.
attaching sanitized engine.log

I replaced IPs with tripple chars [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
and hostnames with: engine.fqdn and host1.fqdn, host2.fqdn


Expected results:
Power management working, no errors



Additional info:
Happens in cluster v3.5 AND v3.6

Seems to become visible after 3.6.0-2 build, and 
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1198628

Comment 1 Eli Mesika 2015-06-29 08:32:43 UTC
I had checked what caused to this regression :

I ran webadmin on top of commit 3212a493858328daad85d77353bc17daf069dd9f which is the last commit before the PM UI re-factoring patch, and PM worked perfectly

I ran weadmin on (b6bdbc602c23b8e093db7b4aff647d50ce41cbb7 (awels PM UI re-factoring commit) and PM stopped functioning 

Assigning this bug to awels to analyze

Comment 2 Alexander Wels 2015-06-29 19:01:01 UTC
Fixed some issue found with the new UI, including this particular one.

Comment 3 Sandro Bonazzola 2015-07-02 06:47:01 UTC
Please set target release.

Comment 4 Petr Matyáš 2015-09-07 12:29:23 UTC
Verified on ovirt-engine-3.6.0-0.0.master.20150901142040.git8df944a.el6.noarch

Comment 5 Sandro Bonazzola 2015-11-04 11:23:51 UTC
oVirt 3.6.0 has been released on November 4th, 2015 and should fix this issue.
If problems still persist, please open a new BZ and reference this one.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.