From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4)
Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
Description of problem:
I have upgraded two machines to FC2. One was a desktop installed with
RedHat Linux 9 (free version). The other was a laptop with FC1. Both
machines previously had the mouse configured as left-handed. After
upgrading both machines, and trying the GNOME and KDE GUI's, it
appeared that the entire GUI was messed up in relation to how the
mouse buttons worked. It is as if the GUI's thought that both buttons
were the secondary mouse buttons; if I tried to do anything, the
buttons did not work properly. With GNOME, I never successfully got
the left-handed option to work. Switching to right-handed mouse
worked fine. With KDE, switching to right-handed (which worked) and
back to left-handed appeared to get everything working except the
bottom, standard tool panel (with the red fedora), which still had the
button functions all confused. I installed FC2 on a third machine
(desktop) as a clean install, non-upgrade, and after installing,
configured the system for a left-handed mouse; in this instance, the
left-handed mouse configuration worked fine.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Have either RH9 or FC1 installed on a machine.
2.Mouse configured as left-handed.
3.Upgraded with FC2.
Actual Results: Left-handed mouse configuration does not work properly.
Expected Results: Left-handed mouse configuration should work.
I too was bitten by this bug after upgrading a desktop with FC1
configured for left-handed mouse. I was able to get FC2 and GNOME to
behave by editing /etc/X11/XF86Config. I noticed that I had two
InputDevice sections for a mouse. I commented out the section for
Mouse1 (keeping Mouse0). I also had to comment out a reference to
Mouse1 in the ServerLayout section as follows:
Identifier "single head configuration"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
#InputDevice "Mouse1" "SendCoreEvents"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
Now I wonder if SendCoreEvents needs to be somehow associated with Mouse0.
I also have the same problem (upgraded from core 1). I checked my
/etc/X11/XF86Config and I only have Mouse0 defined so the above edits
are not possible...
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 121490 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.