Bug 124531 - Cleaned up comps.xml that came on FC2 Final Disc 1
Cleaned up comps.xml that came on FC2 Final Disc 1
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: comps (Show other bugs)
noarch Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Bill Nottingham
Mike McLean
: FutureFeature
Depends On:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2004-05-27 06:13 EDT by Justin Szeto
Modified: 2014-03-16 22:45 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Enhancement
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2004-05-27 17:45:16 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)
comps.xml cleaned up (410.14 KB, text/xml)
2004-05-27 06:16 EDT, Justin Szeto
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Justin Szeto 2004-05-27 06:13:45 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6)
Gecko/20040207 Firefox/0.8

Description of problem:
Hi Red Hat.
This is not really a bug. I decided to clean up comps.xml for my own
purposes and since then decided maybe, maybe not, you might find it
helpful/useful... I hope! :) I did the following:
1. Deleted 12 blank lines.
2. Removed some trailing spaces.
3. Tags are ALWAYS in the same sequence for every <group>.
4. Within each <packagelist> tag, I alphabetically sorted the
<packagereq> tags.
5. I moved all <name> and <description> tags with xml:lang attributes
to the end of each <group> to make the file more readable.
So no information was actually changed or deleted in the file, I
simply moved lines here and there within each <group>. I think the
result is much more readable and consistent. I have run
system-config-packages using this file and it runs just as the
original comps.xml file.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

How reproducible:

Steps to Reproduce:
Not Applicable

Additional info:
Comment 1 Justin Szeto 2004-05-27 06:16:06 EDT
Created attachment 100622 [details]
comps.xml cleaned up

Here is the comps.xml file cleaned up, you can do with it whatever... I just
think it is much more consistent and readable...
Comment 2 Bill Nottingham 2004-05-27 17:45:16 EDT
Unfortunately, the translations are added by intltool out of a munged
file, so this really can't be added back in sanely.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.