Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1254251
It's impossible to move Host to another Cluster
Last modified: 2016-04-19 21:30:41 EDT
Description of problem:
Moving host to another Cluster is stucked
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create additional cluster
2. Try to move host to that cluster
An operation is stucked
Operation should succeed
An action of moving host to different cluster works in Rest API
There is nothing in engine log
Created attachment 1064291 [details]
screen-cast: change Host's Cluster via the Edit Host dialog
Created attachment 1064292 [details]
screen-cast: change Host's Cluster via the Cluster 'Guide Me' dialog
Created attachment 1064293 [details]
screen-cast: change Host's Cluster via the Data Center 'Guide Me' dialog
- BZ whiteboard should be lowercase ('UX' -> 'ux')
- changing a Host's cluster is in the 'infra' domain of responsibility (changed Whiteboard accordingly).
- you did not specify how you attempted to change the Host's Cluster -
via Edit Host?
Cluster Guide Me -> Select Hosts?
Data Center Guide Me -> Select Hosts?
- can you please specify the exact 3.6 version that you have tested (as we have introduced some updates and fixes to the Edit Host dialog recently)?
- I've attempted to Edit the Host's Cluster on ~latest master via Edit Host [see attachment 1064291 [details]], via the Cluster's Guide Me [see attachment 1064292 [details]] and via the Data-Center's Guide Me [see attachment 1064293 [details]], all of which completed successfully (pointing out that I chose to not activate the Host after changing its cluster in the Guide Me scenarios).
If you attempted to change the Host's cluster via a Guide Me dialog: Did you choose to activate the Host? what happens when you are choosing to not activate the Host?
If you haven't done so already: did you test on latest master?
I put host to maintenance, then in the edit picked the new cluster
It happens on rhevm-3.6.0-0.11.master.el6.noarch version
I imagine that this is a "duplicate" of bug 1253694 (can't mark as duplicate, since one is oVirt and the other is RHEV).
bug 1253694 (and, most likely, this one as well, as they are probably "duplicates") was fixed in https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/44691/, which was merged only after rhevm-3.6.0-0.11.master.el6.noarch was built (rhevm-3.6.0-0.11.master.el6.noarch is based on https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/44664/).
Verified in 3.6.0-0.12.master.el6