Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1256238
Scheduler fails when policy filters is null
Last modified: 2016-04-19 21:28:06 EDT
Description of problem:
When there are no policies in the scheduling policies.
Running a VM or migrating a VM fails.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1. Create a new scheduling policy.
2. Remove any filter from the empty-scheduling policy.
3. Save empty-scheduling policy.
4. Create a new cluster.
5. Apply empty-scheduling to cluster.
6. Try run a VM on the new cluster.
Run VM operation fails.
engine.log report null pointer exception in SchedulingManger.java
this is an automated message. oVirt 3.6.0 RC3 has been released and GA is targeted to next week, Nov 4th 2015.
Please review this bug and if not a blocker, please postpone to a later release.
All bugs not postponed on GA release will be automatically re-targeted to
- 3.6.1 if severity >= high
- 4.0 if severity < high
*** Bug 1276380 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
RHEV 3.6.0 BETA2 is out, any open bugs are moved to the BETA3 milestone.
Verified on rhevm-3.6.2-0.1.el6.noarch
1) Create new empty cluster policy
2) Attach new policy to cluster
3) Start vm
4) Migrate vm