Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1264398
Jenkins build doesn't start after commit if builder node is down
Last modified: 2017-05-31 14:22:11 EDT
Created attachment 1074801 [details]
Description of problem:
Jenkins build doesn't start after commit if builder node is down. If builder node is up - all works fine. If I trigger build from Jenkins - the situation is the same, I need to click build button twice if builder is down
git push from console. And make sure that builder node in jenkins is down(there is standard timeout 15 minutes you shoul wait)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. git push
2. get log described below in actual results
3. push succeeds, but build won't starts. Also note, that builder node will be raised after this operation
Counting objects: 5, done.
Delta compression using up to 6 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 320 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Executing Jenkins build.
remote: You can track your build at https://<jenkins-host>.com/job/<appname>-build
remote: Waiting for build to schedule......................
remote: **BUILD FAILED/CANCELLED**
remote: Please see the Jenkins log for more details via 'rhc tail'
remote: Deployment Halted!
remote: If the build failed before the deploy step, your previous
remote: build is still running. Otherwise, your application may be
remote: partially deployed or inaccessible.
remote: Fix the build and try again.
remote: An error occurred executing 'gear postreceive' (exit code: 1)
remote: Error message: CLIENT_ERROR: Failed to execute: 'control post-receive' for /var/lib/openshift/55d66b0d46dcfd658c0000b2/jenkins-client
remote: For more details about the problem, try running the command again with the '--trace' option.
d8661ef..9584520 master -> master
1) Those links describe the same sympthoms:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1048674 (less usefull)
2) I have enough gears and all is ok with quota
3) Actually it fails here:
When checking builderExists
4) Check jenkins.log in attachment
We apologize, however, we do not plan to address this report at this time. The majority of our active development is for the v3 version of OpenShift. If you would like for Red Hat to reconsider this decision, please reach out to your support representative. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.