This is a tracking bug for Change: Python 3.5
For more details, see: https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/python3.5
Update the Python 3 stack in Fedora from Python 3.4 to Python 3.5.
On 2016-Feb-23, we have reached Fedora 24 Change Checkpoint: Completion deadline (testable).
At this point, all accepted changes should be substantially complete, and testable. Additionally, if a change is to be enabled by default, it must be so enabled at Change Completion deadline.
Change tracking bug should be set to the MODIFIED state to indicate it achieved completeness.
Incomplete and non testable Changes will be reported to FESCo on 2016-Feb-26 meeting. Contingency plan for System Wide Changes, if planned for Alpha (or in case of serious doubts regarding Change completion), will be activated.
Currently I know of 4 remaining Python packages that FTBFS:
* python3-cherrypy - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1307958
- FTBFS mainly due to a change to Python's private ast module
- Pull request on review upstream
* python-wsme - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1307955
- Strange test failures
- Requires cherrypy
* python-shapely - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1307947
- Missing test modules
- Patch sent to maintainer, looks on track
* python-pykalman - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1307936
- Test failures that seem related to SciPy; packager says they're working on it
Also, the packages "python3-bsddb3" and "ris-linux" depend on py 3.4 as well as 3.5 for some reason. Will investigate.
I'll try to have a more detailed summary for 2016-Feb-26.
Ignore my comment about python3-bsddb3 and ris-linux, they look good.
It was a mistake in my methodology.
All of the important packages were successfully rebuilt.
python-wsme has been retired in f24 due to py3.5 incompatibility and ceased upstream development.
On 2016-Apr-19 we reached the "Change Checkpoint: 100% Code Complete Deadline" milestone for Fedora 24 release. At this point all the Changes not at least in in "ON_QA" state should be brought to FESCo for review. Please update the state of this bug to "ON_QA" if it is already 100% completed. Please let me know in case you have any trouble with the implementation and the Change needs any help or review.
python-wsme was retired, the others fixed.
Fedora 24 has been released, and there was much rejoicing.
Possible remaining issues shouldn't be tracked here.