Created attachment 1081900 [details]
Video illustrating the issue
Description of problem:
The "Active" Tab sometimes displays tasks in status completed.
This seems like a regression that was introduced on 6.3.x AFTER BPM SUite 6.2 ER3.
On my (fast) laptop the completed tasks are shown in Active tab only sometimes and for a split of second. But on slower computers the completed tasks are sometimes shown permanently (until next auto refresh). It looks as if 2 data set lookups were done and sometimes the one that also shows completed tasks "wins".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
recent BPM Suite 6.3.x snapshot
Often on slow machines - in particular on our slow Windows slaves with InternetExplorer 11 (see video attachment illustrating the issue), but I saw this on firefox as well (see screenshot).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create several ad-hoc tasks and complete some of them.
2. Select Active tab
3. Click 'Restore default filters' to reload task list.
4. Repeat step 3 many times.
Sometimes (red) rows for completed tasks are displayed for a second. On slower machines the rows of completed tasks remain displayed until the next autorefresh of tasklist.
Active tab should only display active tasks.
Created attachment 1081901 [details]
Screenshot from selenium test in firefox 38
Additional info: this seems to happen only when tables in tasks list are being initialized (when entering task list or after clicking "restore detault filters"). This never happens when clicking "refresh" or when just switching between tabs.
Note that (from my experience) this seems to be a refresh issue related to the multiple tabs, as the data shown in the table (when switching perspectives) seems to be the tasks that normally would be shown in another tab (the last tab most likely, as this is loaded last). So if the all tab is last, you might see completed tasks in the active tab. If the last tab if for example a custom filter, you might end up with those tasks on your active tab.
I have been generated this PR to the 6.3.x
to reduce the number of queries launched. It's true that when a tab is removed by default launch the query of the previous tab. In this commit the queries are disabled when the tabs has been restored.
It has to be enough because only load the query of the tab that is shown.
The problem is I couldn't reproduce the behavior reported but this commit has to reduce the queries and at least ensure avoid the crossing results.
I put the bz at need more info to be sure that the problem is resolved.
I tested the PR locally and I can no longer reproduce this issue. I vote for merging the PR.
Commit at 6.3.x branch
I experienced this behaviour with BPMS 6.2.0.ER4/EAP6.4.3 in Process Instances perspective. FF38 and Chrome41.
Verification blocked by bug # 1277466
Will be verified with the next build after that bug is fixed.
Ok, completed tasks are no longer shown in Active tab. Verified with BPM Suite 6.2.0 CR1