Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1278639
Orchestration error does not prevent reboot of a discovered host
Last modified: 2016-03-03 05:01:45 EST
Description of problem:
When provisioning a system with discovery I can fill out the needed information (hostgroup etc.) but if any part of the form is missing satellite will reboot the discovered machine but does not let the user continue to finish provisioning.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot a new host in discovery mode
2. click provision host in satellite
3. fill out the information. If root password is missing or any form data causes an error (network conflict) and you click submit the form will error out and stay on the "provision host page"
4. Satellite reboots the host even though provisioning is not complete
5. Correct form data and click submit again
6. Satellite will now hang on the "rebooting host" step because the host was already rebooted in step 3
At that point there is no way to continue provisioning. You have to cancel the provisioning, delete the discovered host and reboot the host into discovery mode again. This also usually leaves orphened information in dhcpd.leases file and sometimes in dns. Those two sources will need to be manually deleted before provisioning the host again.
This reboot error will be fixed in 6.1.4.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1196658 ***
Ok I have reproduced. We've fixed similar bug already in 6.1.1 (not 6.1.4 that was a typo), but there is still one.
WORKAROUND: Fix the cause of the orchestration error that triggers reboot.
Can't reproduce on Satellite 6.2 build, sending to QE.
Its not reproducible with Satellite 6.2 snap1. Please see the screenshot for verification where host is not rebooted even though error messages are populated on form submission.
Created attachment 1132706 [details]
on error, discovered host doesn't reboot.
Closing this bz, Please feel free to re-open or file a new if you come across this issue again.