Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 129237
Printed jobs remains in windows print manager
Last modified: 2014-08-31 19:26:24 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4.2)
Description of problem:
The Windows printer queue show active jobs even *after* the job has
(I have a mixed set of clients - mostly Windows 2000 and some Windows XP)
Samba is configured to use cups raw printer queue.
(See attached smb.conf)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Submit print job from windows
2. Check windows print manager
Actual Results: The print job remains in windows print manager even
the job is printed.
/var/spool/samba and /var/spool/cups is empty (no spool files).
Expected Results: Windows print manager should be empty
See attached smb.conf
Created attachment 102449 [details]
samba config file
We experience the same problem with samba-3.0.5-2.FC2.1 from FC2
testing. 3.0.3-5 is fine.
We've seen the same thing here on el3.
This problem is solved in samba-3.0.6-2.3E.
We have this problem still in 3.0.9-1.3E.2. We have Windows XP Pro clients
printing to samba (authentication done using domain login) which uses a CUPS
service on the same machine to do the printing.
We fixed it by downloading the SRPM for samba-3.0.9-1.3E.2, adding the following
patch to the spec file and recompiling. It would be nice if RedHat could include
this patch in their next update of the samba packages.
For more info see https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2220
Created attachment 111071 [details]
Fix for Printed jobs remains in windows print manager taken from bug #2220 on bugzilla.samba.org
I've tested this being applied to the latest samba SRPM for RHEL U4 and it
works for us.
As of firstname.lastname@example.org you may have to remove
/var/cache/samba/printing/*.tdb to empty print queues with stale
entries. I made RPM packages for actual Samba for i386 and AMD64 too:
*** Bug 145639 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
My fixed packages are working well here (see comment #7).
My fixed packages are working perfectly too. Could RedHat please make
sure they roll this fix into the next samba update.
According to the changelog, Samba from upcoming U5 (in Beta channel at this time
- samba-3.0.9-1.3E.3.src.rpm) will have the one-line patch included together
with the fix for bug #134310.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.