From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7)
Description of problem:
When using nautilus to browse the network none of the servers on the
network show up in the Windows Network window.
SMB services are working. findsmb shows a list of servers available
on the network and connections can be made to the resources on those
servers with out problem.
Under Fedora Core 1 when the Network Servers item is selected I get a
set of icons representing all of the Windows servers on the network.
Selecting one of those icons prompts for password information and then
a window with the shares available on that server is presented. This
does not happen with Fedora Core 2.
I have verified that the firewall is not a problem, iptables has been
disabled and/or smb ports have been allowed through the firewall.
This problem has been seen on four different Fedora Core 2 systems, 3
desktops systems and 1 laptop.
I can run findsmb and see a list of servers on the network. I can
also run smbclient -L SERVERNAME and get a list of resources on those
servers. So it appears that samba services are working correctly.
I don't see any error messages in the log files for samba or in
/var/log/messages or /var/log/secure.
On one system I removed all samba packages and nautilus and
reinstalled. Had the same results when I re-tested.
Since access to samba shares appears to work via other mechanisims I
believe this is a problem with nautilus and not samba.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Select Network Servers from main menu
2.Select Windows Network icon
3.No servers are listed in the Windows Network window
Actual Results: None of the windows servers on the network are shown
in the Windows Network window.
Expected Results: An icon for each windows sever on the network
should be shown in the Windows Network window.
I can confirm observing the same behavior the originator of this bug
report (Scot Harris) describes using nautilus on my FC2 system.
Although if I switch to using KDE's konqueror, smb browsing works
like it should. So it looks like this problem has something to do
with how nautilus obtains a list of registered domains/hosts on ones
I think this is a dupe of 122292. BTW, after some of the recent
updates, this has started workng for me.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 122292 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.