Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1294035
gluster fails to propagate permissions on the root of a gluster export when adding bricks
Last modified: 2017-03-23 01:25:27 EDT
Triage-update: Need to work on fix.
Upstream patch http://review.gluster.org/#/c/15195/ posted for review.
Upstream mainline : http://review.gluster.org/15195
Upstream 3.8 : http://review.gluster.org/15465
downstream patch : https://code.engineering.redhat.com/gerrit/84877
Moving back to post since one of the patch that is needed is not merged in 3.8.
Both upstream patches are merged:
mainline : http://review.gluster.org/15195
3.8 : http://review.gluster.org/15465
Verified this BZ against glusterfs version:3.8.4-2.el7rhgs.x86_64.
Here are the steps that were performed,
1) Created a distributed replica volume and started it.
2) FUSE mounted the volume on a client as a non root user.
3) Changed the permission on the mount point.
sudo chmod a+rwx,+t /mnt/bug/
4) Created a file on the mount point.
5) Added few bricks to the volume. The newly added bricks has got the same permissions as in step-3.
6) From client, created files and folders. No permission denied errors are seen and files & directories are created successfully without errors.
Hence, moving the BZ to Verified.
Doc looks fine.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.