Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1298268
Add option to choose default public network interface
Last modified: 2016-07-25 14:36:15 EDT
Description of problem:
The default public network interface when installing from ISO is now set to eth0. This could cause problems when the machine is connected to the public network via different interface. We should probably implement some kind of option for the user to choose the default public network interface.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Changing to doc bz.
The solution is to specify the interface as follows:
1) Determine the MAC address (and associated interface [ethx])
2) During ISO boot, navigate to Install ... ISO
3) Press Tab
4) Append ip=ethx:dhcp::mac_address
* The MAC address should use lowercase alphabetical characters
* The MAC address should not use separators (e.g. dashes or colons)
5) Press enter to boot and complete as usual
I think this only applies to the OSP Installer. I believe you can select the interface for the QCI Installer. Will need to check when I install it again next time.
We no longer start any interfaces and do not expect any interfaces to be started. This should not be necessary.