Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1306196
VFIO: device passthrough is not enabled by default on PPC platforms.
Last modified: 2016-03-11 02:22:52 EST
Description of problem:
PPC platforms should support PCI-passthrough by default.
Browsing webadmin ==> hosts tab ==> general, shows that "device passthrough" is disabled.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add PPC host to engine environment.
2. Try to attach PCI device to VM.
3. Observe webadmin hosts tab ==> general.
- Device failed to be attached.
- in webadmin: "device passthrough" value is disabled.
device passthrough should be enabled by default.
screenshot and logs attached.
Created attachment 1122725 [details]
Created attachment 1122726 [details]
Created attachment 1122727 [details]
1. Attach host PCI device to VM and run VM.
2. Verify device attached and appears in webadmin --> virtual machines tab --> VM --> host devices tab.
3. Open VM console and verify PCI device is attached (using lspci command).
4. Power off VM abd Verify powering off VM does not affect host functionality.
5. Run steps 1-4 again.