Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1307053
meaning of "host is accessable now on" message is not clear
Last modified: 2018-02-15 10:05:03 EST
Created attachment 1123532 [details]
screenshot of an event list
Description of problem
When I run Accept Node task for all nodes, event "hostname is accessable now on"
is shown in tasks popup list with a warning icon next to the message.
There are few problems with this:
* typo: accessable -> accessible
* wrong grammar: "now on" -> "from now on"
* wrong icon: adding a new node should not produce a warning event unless something went wrong
This all combined may lead to a misunderstanding of this event.
Version-Release number of selected component
# rpm -qa 'rhscon*'
Steps to Reproduce
1. Install skyring on server and prepare few hosts for cluster setup
2. Accept all nodes
A warning info is displayed next the the message "host is accessable now on"
An info icon is displayed next the the message "host is accessible from now on"
This may be related to BZ 1301552.
*** Bug 1303867 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Currently the behavior is as follows:
1. When a node is accepted you will see an event "
Node <node-name> accepted successfully" if accept was successful. This is followed by node initialization, if initialization also succeeds you will see one more event "Node <node-name> initialized successfully".
2. We will show only active alerts in the alert icon (bell shaped icon beside task popup list). By active alerts we mean events with severity other than info and that has not been dismissed by user or skyring.
3. Because of point 2, this event can be seen only in event listing page. And severity icon for this event will be INFO as pointed in the bug.
and it works. -->VERIFIED