Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1313371
The CD list in 'change CD' console menu still available after detaching ISO domain
Last modified: 2016-11-03 21:15:01 EDT
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1310450 +++
Description of problem:
The CD list in 'change CD' menu still appears after detaching ISO domain
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
The CDs in 'change CD' console menu still appears after detaching iso domain
Steps to Reproduce:
1. attach storage domain
2. connect to admin portal (with fqdn)
3. open Vm console (make sure you have permission on the VM) see the available CDs in 'change CD'
4. detach ISO domain
5. open console again and see that the CD list is still available.
the CD list is still available.
the CD list should not be available.
--- Additional comment from Tomas Jelinek on 2016-02-22 03:55:13 EST ---
@Christophe: oVirt's REST API returns the list of CDs of the domain also when the domain is not attached. But when you get the ".../ovirt-engine/api/storagedomains/<storage id>" it will return:
Do you think you could do a check on remote-viewer side and show the menu only when the status of the storage domain is "active"?
--- Additional comment from Christophe Fergeau on 2016-02-29 12:07:23 EST ---
(In reply to Tomas Jelinek from comment #1)
> Do you think you could do a check on remote-viewer side and show the menu
> only when the status of the storage domain is "active"?
Sure, that's a minor change (bug fix) on the remote-viewer side. Moving the bug.
--- Additional comment from Christophe Fergeau on 2016-03-01 08:41:13 EST ---
Fixed by https://www.redhat.com/archives/virt-tools-list/2016-March/msg00000.html
The commit in question:
*** Bug 1310450 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I can reproduce it with virt-viewer-2.0-6.el7.x86_64.
# rpm -q virt-viewer
1. Make sure there is an ISO domain on rhevm. If not, please create one and added some iso files.
2. Configure permission for VM.
2.1 Login admin portal of RHEVM as admin, Click "Virtual Machine" tabs, Select a guest and then Guest detail info will be displayed below the page.
2.2 Click "Permissions"->Click "add"->Type "admin" and click "Go"
2.3 Click the checkbox and select the admin user and choose "UserRole" for Role to Assing.
3. Download ca.crt file and then do "trust anchor ca.crt" as root
# wget -k https://dell-op780-05.qe.lab.eng.nay.redhat.com/ca.crt
In RHEL7 host:
# trust anchor ca.crt
In RHEL6 host:
# cat ca.crt >>/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
4. Download the console.vv file of the vm and then run "remote-viewer console.vv" or just click and console icon and open the vm directory on rhevm web portal. The "change cd" menu should be seen.
5. Detach the iso domain.
5.1 Click the "Storage" tab on rhevm and select the iso domain
5.2 Click the "Data Center" tab of the iso domain.
5.3 Click "Maintenance" and then Click "Detach".
6. Download the console.vv file of the vm and then run "remote-viewer console.vv" or just click and console icon and open the vm directory on rhevm web portal.
The "change cd" menu still can be seen.
Then updated virt-viewer to latest virt-viewer-2.0-7.el7.x86_64 and then open the vm again. The "change cd" can't be seen any more.
At last, Attach the iso domain again and open the vm, the "change cd" can be seen.
So move the bug from ON_QA to VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.