Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 131960
eject/df hangs system
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:48 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.2; Linux; X11; en_US, en_US.UTF-8, en) (KHTML, like Gecko)
Description of problem:
Here are the steps that work every time:
1. Insert a CD
2. do a mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
The CD is mounted and shows up with "df" fine and all
3. do "eject /dev/cdrom"
The CD is ejected but you get an error message:
eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument.
4. Do a "df" this just hangs and hangs eveything else.
5. Do Ctrl+Alt+F1 to switch to terminal mode
6. Try to login....it does not work and you get the messages:
fs/jbd/transaction.c:165: spin_is_locked on uninitialized spinlock 61f565b8
fs/jbd/transaction.c:177: spin_is_locked on uninitialized spinlock 61f565b8
These two lines keep coming....and you need to reboot.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Follow steps described above
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 131959 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.