Bug 1356369 - tuned-gui: After installing the tuned-gtk package a launcher is not generated (*.desktop)
tuned-gui: After installing the tuned-gtk package a launcher is not generate...
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: tuned (Show other bugs)
24
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Jaroslav Škarvada
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
: Upstream
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2016-07-13 22:52 EDT by Bastián Díaz
Modified: 2016-08-01 14:53 EDT (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: tuned-2.7.0-2.fc24 tuned-2.7.0-2.fc23
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2016-07-27 14:51:52 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Bastián Díaz 2016-07-13 22:52:14 EDT
Description of problem:
After installing tuned-gtk, you can only run from the terminal with "tuned-gui" command.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Fedora 24 Workstation 64 bit
XFCE 4.12 and Gnome 3.20.2

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install tuned-gtk
2. Look for the launcher in the main menu

Actual results:
No launcher appears that facilitates run the application

Expected results:
A launcher appears on the menu that facilitates run the application
Comment 1 Jaroslav Škarvada 2016-07-14 07:48:22 EDT
Fixed by following upstream commit:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/tuned.git/commit/?id=8c07abca2764efc252533055c90029db8a9c1c05

It will be brought into Fedora by next rebase which should happen during this month.
Comment 2 Fedora Update System 2016-07-19 10:10:55 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-1.fc24 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 24. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-327cccfbae
Comment 3 Fedora Update System 2016-07-19 10:13:33 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-1.fc23 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 23. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-122381bf6f
Comment 4 Fedora Update System 2016-07-19 21:49:09 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-1.fc23 has been pushed to the Fedora 23 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-122381bf6f
Comment 5 Fedora Update System 2016-07-19 21:53:13 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-1.fc24 has been pushed to the Fedora 24 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-327cccfbae
Comment 6 Bastián Díaz 2016-07-20 21:14:37 EDT
(In reply to Jaroslav Škarvada from comment #1)
> Fixed by following upstream commit:
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/tuned.git/commit/
> ?id=8c07abca2764efc252533055c90029db8a9c1c05
> 
> It will be brought into Fedora by next rebase which should happen during
> this month.

The desktop launcher was created successfully, but version 2.7 of tuned-gui is not working properly. When opening tuned-gui from terminal displays the following output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/tuned-gui", line 1026, in <module>
    base = Base()
  File "/usr/sbin/tuned-gui", line 140, in __init__
    if not self._starting():
  File "/usr/sbin/tuned-gui", line 93, in _starting
    self.controller.is_running()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tuned/admin/dbus_controller.py", line 85, in is_running
    return self._call("is_running")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tuned/admin/dbus_controller.py", line 69, in _call
    self._init_proxy()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tuned/admin/dbus_controller.py", line 33, in _init_proxy
    self._proxy = bus.get_object(self._bus_name, self._object_name)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 241, in get_object
    follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_changes)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 244, in __init__
    _dbus_bindings.validate_object_path(object_path)
ValueError: Invalid object path 'com.redhat.tuned.control': does not start with '/'
Comment 7 Jaroslav Škarvada 2016-07-21 05:12:01 EDT
(In reply to Bastián Díaz from comment #6)
> (In reply to Jaroslav Škarvada from comment #1)
> > Fixed by following upstream commit:
> > https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/tuned.git/commit/
> > ?id=8c07abca2764efc252533055c90029db8a9c1c05
> > 
> > It will be brought into Fedora by next rebase which should happen during
> > this month.
> 
> The desktop launcher was created successfully, but version 2.7 of tuned-gui
> is not working properly. When opening tuned-gui from terminal displays the
> following output:
> 
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/tuned-gui", line 1026, in <module>
>     base = Base()
>   File "/usr/sbin/tuned-gui", line 140, in __init__
>     if not self._starting():
>   File "/usr/sbin/tuned-gui", line 93, in _starting
>     self.controller.is_running()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tuned/admin/dbus_controller.py",
> line 85, in is_running
>     return self._call("is_running")
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tuned/admin/dbus_controller.py",
> line 69, in _call
>     self._init_proxy()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tuned/admin/dbus_controller.py",
> line 33, in _init_proxy
>     self._proxy = bus.get_object(self._bus_name, self._object_name)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 241, in
> get_object
>     follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_changes)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 244, in
> __init__
>     _dbus_bindings.validate_object_path(object_path)
> ValueError: Invalid object path 'com.redhat.tuned.control': does not start
> with '/'

Thanks for spotting the problem, it was caused by some old copy&paste error. Upstream commit fixing the problem:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/tuned.git/commit/?id=e6c6e157336acd08e40c817d4e7ee7bf1a1f5a04

The GUI is in early development stage, patches are highly welcome.
Comment 8 Bastián Díaz 2016-07-21 09:56:14 EDT
(In reply to Jaroslav Škarvada from comment #7)
> 
> Thanks for spotting the problem, it was caused by some old copy&paste error.
> Upstream commit fixing the problem:
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/tuned.git/commit/
> ?id=e6c6e157336acd08e40c817d4e7ee7bf1a1f5a04
> 
> The GUI is in early development stage, patches are highly welcome.

Thank you very much, if your interest you can see the following thread:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/VRUSJ6KQGGWVRH6OQPY4IVSCXXOH2RQS/

Cheers
Comment 9 Jaroslav Škarvada 2016-07-21 10:10:17 EDT
I am accumulating tuned-2.7.0 bug reports and there will be 2.7.1 bug fix release soon, probably in few weeks. Maybe I will backport the fix to Fedora sooner.
Comment 10 Fedora Update System 2016-07-21 11:54:39 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-2.fc24 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 24. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-f2b0ad383e
Comment 11 Fedora Update System 2016-07-21 11:55:17 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-2.fc23 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 23. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-3acc8e3722
Comment 12 Jaroslav Škarvada 2016-07-21 11:55:43 EDT
It's addressed by bug 1358846.
Comment 13 Jaroslav Škarvada 2016-07-21 11:56:18 EDT
(In reply to Jaroslav Škarvada from comment #12)
> It's addressed by bug 1358846.

Traceback from comment 6.
Comment 14 Fedora Update System 2016-07-22 15:22:00 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-2.fc23 has been pushed to the Fedora 23 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-3acc8e3722
Comment 15 Fedora Update System 2016-07-22 15:22:04 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-2.fc24 has been pushed to the Fedora 24 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-f2b0ad383e
Comment 16 Fedora Update System 2016-07-27 14:51:34 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-2.fc24 has been pushed to the Fedora 24 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
Comment 17 Fedora Update System 2016-08-01 14:53:23 EDT
tuned-2.7.0-2.fc23 has been pushed to the Fedora 23 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.