Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 139966
Team: Cannot restore deleted file from repository
Last modified: 2014-08-11 01:46:25 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041001
Description of problem:
Once a file under cvs control has been deleted (& the delete
committed), it cannot be restored.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create new java project, HelloWorld.
2. Create new HelloWorld class. Save.
3. Right-click HelloWorld project, select Team->Share Project...
4. Select Commit All Changes... and commit everything.
5. Delete HelloWorld.java. Commit the change (Team->Commit...)
6. Try to restore by right-clicking project, select Team->Restore from
7. Click on HelloWorld.java in the pane, then version 1.1 (version
before it was deleted).
8. (optional) Click Finish
Actual Results: Get NPE printed to terminal for steps 7 & 8
Expected Results: Should re-add the file to cvs & workspace
Tried with BEA & IBM JVMs. Both fail.
Log file attached. First NPE is from step 7; second is from step 8
Created attachment 107002 [details]
log file from session
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 139411 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.