Description of problem:
Passing mode=upgrade to the template fails. It seems to not clean up the existing route and so the upgrade bails out with all logging components deleted.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install logging 3.3.0 on a 3.3.X OCP cluster
2. Upgrade OCP cluster to 3.4.X
3. Rerun the logging template passing in mode=upgrade.
Error from server: routes "logging-kibana" already exists
Issue didn't repro on clean installed OCP env, attached the successful deployer log upgrading the logging stacks from 3.3.1 to 3.4.0.
Created attachment 1241541 [details]
successful upgrade log on clean installed OCP
@xia Please clarify what you mean by "clean install of OCP env". Are you saying you folloed @wesleys setup and had no issues?
Using origin equivalent:
* Installed 1.3.2 logging using https://github.com/openshift/origin-aggregated-logging/tree/v1.3.2/deployer
* Upgraded to 1.4.2 using: oc new-app logging-deployer-template -p MODE=upgrade -p IMAGE_VERSION=v1.4.0-rc
* Successfully upgraded stack without failure.
(In reply to Jeff Cantrill from comment #4)
> @xia Please clarify what you mean by "clean install of OCP env". Are you
> saying you folloed @wesleys setup and had no issues?
I meant I did the following test:
1. Install logging 3.3.1 on OCP 3.4.0 cluster
2. Upgraded logging 3.3.1 stacks to 3.4.0 stacks there with deployer mode=upgrade
Please note that @wesleys is actually upgrading OCP cluster, so our steps are not exactly the same.
@whearn According to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1413714#c2, can you confirm if you are also upgrading logging stacks by ansible here? If yes, this bz should be assigned to component=installer as well.
@xia Given this is 3.4, this should still be using the deployer for deployment
@Xia these roles are OPs managed and not supported, it is how we automated the install. At the core we are using the instructions on docs.openshift.com.
Upgraded OCP from 3.3.1 to 3.4.1, the issue can not be reproduced. Attaching the successful upgrade log.
Created attachment 1242661 [details]
successful upgrade log on upgraded OCP 3.4.1
I am unable to reproduce. Followed:
1. install ose 3.3
2. install logging 3.3 https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.3/install_config/aggregate_logging.html
3. upgrade to atomic-openshift-184.108.40.206-1.git.0.d760092.el7.x86_64
4. upgrade by grabbing 3.4 deployer template
5. oc new-app logging-deployer-template --param MODE=upgrade --param IMAGE_VERSION=3.4.1
@Wesley is there an environment where we can reproduce? I am otherwise included to close as unable to reproduce.
Per my IRC discussion with Wesley, they have not reproduced since they are using a different avenue to re-install. It's ok to close.