Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1459098
Logging in via Bugzilla account fails after attempt to log in via Fedora account
Last modified: 2017-07-13 23:07:40 EDT
Description of problem:
When trying to find a workaround for bug #1459083, I attempted to log in via my Fedora account (which has the correct email address stored). This didn't work, therefore I tried it with the plain BZ account (email address/password) which ran into an HTTP 414 error: "Request-URI Too Long".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. As someone whose Fedora account has a Red Hat email address, try to login via "Login → Fedora Account System"
1.1. Optionally type in Fedora account credentials.
2. Be told that "@redhat.com addresses must use the Red Hat Associate IDP to login."
3. Attempt to log in via "Login → Red Hat Bugzilla Account" with email address and password
"Request-URI Too Long
The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server."
The URL in the location bar was ~18kB long.
I am logged into my Bugzilla account.
Using the SAML login method before trying to log into the plain Bugzilla account does not produce this error, merely removing the cookies for beta-bugzilla.redhat.com does not help. However, it does work when using a new incognito or private browser window so maybe cookies for other sites (FAS?) play a role.
Clicking around a bit, I found the following:
- After the unsuccessful attempt to log in via FAS, I am on https://beta-bugzilla.redhat.com/saml2_acs.cgi#
- The action attribute for the "mini_login" form is "saml2_acs.cgi?RelayState=https%3A%2F%2Fbeta-bugzilla.redhat.com%2Findex.cgi&SAMLResponse=" + loads of junk.
- Returning to the home page and trying to log in from there (where action="index.cgi") works, so it's not about cookies after all.