New commit detected on ManageIQ/manageiq/euwe:
Author: Gregg Tanzillo <email@example.com>
AuthorDate: Mon Jun 5 23:24:25 2017 -0400
Commit: Satoe Imaishi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CommitDate: Wed Jun 7 09:03:53 2017 -0400
Merge pull request #15261 from isimluk/do-not-offer-useless-metrics
Do not offer report columns that are useless
(cherry picked from commit d07a5ef227d0d8b15ea343a94c914d6396485970)
app/models/chargeback_vm.rb | 6 ------
1 file changed, 6 deletions(-)
Created attachment 1286983 [details]
screen shot of Chargeback report from 5_7_3_1
> The report has CPU Total Cost, Storage Total Cost.
> Here CPU Total Cost = CPU Used Cost + vCPUs Allocated Cost
> Storage Total Cost = Storage Used Cost + Storage Allocated Cost
This is on purpose.
Summing the metrics together does not make sense, however summing the costs make sense.
In other words, when you sum allocated and consumed disk, the result is number of terabytes that do not rely to anything in the real world (not useful). However, when you sum cost of allocated disk and cost of consumed disk, you have dollar or Koruna amount that is attached to operating the storage on a given VM (possibly useful).
Verified that the Total column for the following metrics is no longer available while creating a Chargeback report.
- cpu is useless as it counts usagemhz and vm_numvcpus together
- cpu_cores is useless as it only reports cpu_cores
- memory is useless as counts used and available together
- net_io is useless as it only reports net_ui_rate_avg
- disk_io is useless as it only reports disk_usage_rate_avg
- storage is useless as it counts used and allocated together
- fixed is useless as it counts all the fixed metrics together
Verified in 188.8.131.52
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.