Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1465548
webadmin: Missing fields in 'Edit Provider' dialog for KVM, XEN and VMware provider types
Last modified: 2018-02-12 06:55:38 EST
Description of problem:
The 'Edit provider' dialog (WebAdmin->Administration->Providers->edit) for XEN, VMware and KVM is displayed with only part of the required fields.
The following fields are missing and therefore can't be edited:
KVM, XEN: "URI", "Proxy Host"
VMware: "Vcenter", "ESXi", "Data Center" (of VMware), "Cluster", "Verify server's SSL certificate", "Proxy host".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
4.2 master, commit 8491a8e
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go in WebAdmin to Administration->Providers
2. Choose one of the existed providers of type KVM, Xen or VMware and click 'Edit'
The "Edit Provider' dialog is displayed with part of the required fields
The "Edit Provider' dialog should be displayed with all relevant editable/non-editable fields.
Interesting, in new dialog they are there and in edit not. Can you please check on some env around you if it is missing also on 4.1?
(In reply to Tomas Jelinek from comment #1)
> Interesting, in new dialog they are there and in edit not. Can you please
> check on some env around you if it is missing also on 4.1?
on 4.1.3 there is no such a problem (no field is missing)
the reason why is it not working in 4.2 is that:
- the ProviderModel in callback of getType().getSelectedItemChangedEvent() sets the getKvmPropertiesModel().setIsAvailable(isKvm);
- the default value of this the isAvailable is true and setting it again to true does not trigger the propertyChangeEvent
- consequently, the e.g. KVMPropertiesModel's getPropertyChangedEvent().addListener's callback is not triggered and the proxyHost and url is not inited.
- similarly for all the other models
The fact it worked on 4.1 is I'd say relying on some mistake in the Model - so keeping in virt and targeting 4.2
*** Bug 1507490 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
All fields in the Add Provider dialog are shown and editable (except for `Type` field) also in the Edit Provider dialog.
Verified for provider types KVM, XEN, VMware as well as Foreman/Satellite and OpenStack *.
This bugzilla is included in oVirt 4.2.1 release, published on Feb 12th 2018.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in oVirt 4.2.1 release, it has been closed with a resolution of CURRENT RELEASE.
If the solution does not work for you, please open a new bug report.